BA A380 – main or upper deck?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Henkel.Trocken – 09/06/2013 17:44 GMT

HA!

🙂
    Rgds.
    AOTG.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

VintageBoop – 09/06/2013 19:18 GMT
    Good for you, Bucksnet. The relentless personal attacks on you, and others, since Henkel.Trocken “returned” that particular handle from hols on Thursday 6th June are unacceptable.

If you wrote a guide to newcomers about this forum, I swear they’d think that the author had escaped from a loony-bin.

Just so I am clear VB, you wish to show your support to Bucksnet because you feel he is being personally attacked – you do this by personally attacking Henkel….and you do so with no irony whatsoever right?

Gold.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Guest_Poster
    Participant

Bucksnet

I did explain it constructively “They achieve this by using different pitches on some seats, giving a two class cabin. But it is 4 across, end of story”, however you chose to disbelieve me and quoted SeatGuru, which as most people involved in the airline sector (and quite a lot of frequent flyers) know is not always correct.

I now notice, with interest, that the article SimonS1 quotes, from Business Traveller, also makes the same points that I made, but hey ho, it’s all a conspiracy against you.

Bucksnet
    Participant

SimonS1, I understand what you’re saying, but 2-4-2 is staggered 1-2-1.

Let’s forget BA for a moment because it’s ying/yang, and take the 6 across of Qantas for the sake of argument. There are 6 seats across one row, and then behind them there are another 6 seats across and so on. The first seat of the row is by the window, and directly next to it is another seat in exactly the same longitudinal position. This is fine to sit in, but when fully extended those in the window seats have to climb over the aisle seat. Making the pitch bigger to allow access at the end of the flat bed would be a waste of precious space.

The Emirates approach is to go for 8 seats across, but to ‘push’ alternating lines of seats back about half a seat length. This creates direct aisle access, both for those by the windows and those in the middle. I agree this is a clever layout, especially combined with EK only giving half the row letters to one row, and the other half to the next.

I can see how other posters view this layout, and I can respond without using the bad natured language we have seen before.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The comments in this thread from Henkel.Trocken (and others with similar agendas) are a prime example of why it was more pleasant when that handle was not posting, between 9th May and Thursday 6th June:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/members/Henkel.Trocken

It’s quite clear the Usual Suspects are simply goading and trolling as they were doing last month. Sad for supposed “business travellers” to behave in such a way.

Those interested in the BA A380, rather than petty vendettas, might be interested in this link:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/flight-information/airbus-a380

esselle
    Participant

Good to see your usual tosh, VK.

Keep it up.

Have you ever flown an A380, or have you been saving yourself for BA, so you can judge their offer against………………their offer?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

VintageBoop – 09/06/2013 19:50 GMT
    The comments in this thread from Henkel.Trocken (and others with similar agendas) are a prime example of why it was more pleasant when that handle was not posting.

In actual fact, I find Henkel’s comments enlightening as he has indeed flown with Emirates many times. (As have I) Your personal vendetta against him is something you should cease to make the forum less hostile.

The thread (forum) is all the more unpleasant for your contributions.

AOTG.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s a shame that the forum is now so devalued that the only commentary is a slew of personal attacks, and petty namecalling.

Just as was the case around a month ago.

The alignment with Henkel.Trocken’s “return” on Thursday 6th, after a month away, is obviously entirely co-incidental.

The trolling personal attack posts have nothing whatsoever to do with Business Travel. Nothing. But it does seem to me that BT has signalled that it is Open Season here on this forum – and here I was waiting for the 12th!

Bucksnet
    Participant

I agree with Guest_Poster that the Emirates A380 business class seats are not that good, having an economy class 18.5 inch width and only 48 inches (or less) of pitch. This must be a tight squeeze when in the bed position.

Singapore Airlines have a true 4 across layout in their A380 top deck business cabin, but with 30 inches of width and a 55 inch pitch. I thought this was tight to sleep in, and in another thread I was told that it was in fact quite comfortable as the width allows diagonal sleeping.

The EK seat is 7 inches (or more) shorter and a massive 11.5 inches narrower, while still claiming 4 across. I cannot see how this can be comfortable to sleep in, but I guess I must waste my money and find out for myself.

Back on topic, a BA A380 on the top or main deck will have a wider business class seat and a massive 25+ inches of pitch over its EK competition. A good night’s sleep is often quoted as the main requirement in long haul business travel, and it seems BA is better in this regard. A shame though about the ying/yang layout, and the need for some passengers to climb over others when sleeping.

esselle
    Participant

VK
    It may be instructive if you answer the question. The “personal” attacks only arise from the twaddle you post.

Have you flown an A380 or not? If so, which carrier? If you answer “no”, then any post you make about the A380 on board experience has zero value.

Easy really

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

@ esselle – 09/06/2013 20:06 GMT

Never argue with an idiot – they’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Pathetic.

esselle
    Participant

Sorry, think you missed the question.

Have you flown an A380 or not?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am, explicitly, not going to engage with your question esselle, or whichever handle you actually are, as I don’t wish to validate your bullying behaviour.

You’ll no doubt turn this against me, but frankly that will say more about your bullying, unfriendly character than any reply I could ever give – which would no doubt be attacked whatever the answer was.

Thus the forum descends into chaos, and BT increasingly loses its credibility, advertising revenue and new potential contributors are put off.

esselle
    Participant

Mere curiosity, VK, no more.

Not sure which is worse, bullying or pomposity.

I will take your evasive response as a “no”.

Was it you at “Slough Grammar” (Eton)?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls