BA A380 – main or upper deck?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Quite right, Be_Nice.

It is indeed curious that the several “new” posters who have joined lately, and a few older onces who are posting a great deal more since the “retirement” of other handles, have a propensity to make attack posts so very quickly on joining/re-engaging, adopting the same modus operandi as the usual anti-BA agenda – almost mimicking exactly the phrases and posting style of CallMeIshmael/TetedeCuvee. Very curious indeed.

It is reducing the forum to inanity.

My feeling is that some of them have such empty lives, they get their kicks being abusive and creating multiple personas on forums such as this. Sad.

Guest_Poster
    Participant

BA744fan – 09/06/2013 11:17 GMT

You are right, the 18.5 seat width is narrow in business class. Allied to the reduced seat pitch in some seats, many people would regard this as a less than perfect travelling experience.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I think those of us who know about EK’s C seating on the A380 because we have sat in it should stop humouring Bucksnet and his assertions. We know he’s talking rubbish, what’s the saying, don’t argue with an idiot of they will drag you down to their own level and beat you with experience.

I’d also put my money on Be_Nice being one of the KrugHandles. This one pops up in support of KrugMajor from time to time but always spouting the same messages of support.

LeTigre
    Participant

The fact is, that staggered layouts in business class are difficult to determine as 2-4-2 or 1-2-1, so those who feel fit to insult others over this are showing poor judgement. As for seat width, the seat is 18.5″ wide. Simples.

Now get over it!

esselle
    Participant

I really find it quite extraordinary that those who consider themselves to be “expert” in the field of business travel should pontificate based on web based research or hearsay, as they are in this thread.

I suggest that, if you want to be able to credibly comment on a product or service linked to business travel, you should actually experience it first hand.

Anything else is of little value.

By the way, if you did ever venture onto an EK 380 in J, I suspect you would find it rather good.

SimonS1
    Participant

Bucksnet – see attached review in BT which describes it as an alternating 1-2-1 layout. They base their reviews on actually using the service in question. But hey ho what do they know.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/emirates/emirates-a380-800-business-class-2

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

I was all set to fly with them but want to know what shift I would get one of the 4 screens …can you book it in advance? I’d want the 1st leg of the flight and whoever is in the next of the 8-seats can have the second half.

I’ve been on Emirates website but I can’t find the “Book your tv sharing slot” anywhere, I must need a new booklet to study.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

AOTG be very careful about the seats without the screens, the pitch is much tighter, there is no recline and there aren’t any cushions either. You might find that the person in the seat with the screen also has a personal bar situated there which will dig in to your back. They may also expect to use your seat for their laptop so you might find yourself on the floor. Oh, and there isn’t any seat belt or life jacket provided either.

Make sure you book your seat early to avoid one of the seats without a screen – at no additional cost unlike some airlines who charge huge fees for booking a seat in advance or you could end up with one of the inferior ones. You would think they would charge more for the seats with the screens but they don’t! Amazing anyone buys the ones without the screenI think!

Bucksnet
    Participant

There really is no need for personal attacks and stupid comments. I don’t think I’ve made personal attacks on any of the posters attacking me, and I thank other posters for their kind/supportive comments.

If you disagree with me then please post comments explaining your position, and flying in the cabin and simply telling us this is the way it is will not do. I am trying to back up my comments with links to photos and seat plans, where the point I’m trying to get over can clearly be seen. Where are other posters supporting their arguments with?

Seat Plans is, as far as I know, part of Business Traveller which is a respected industry publication. Seat Plans states the pitch and width for the cabin in question, and Guest_Poster states differently. He suggests that I should measure the seat, but has he done the same? If he knows better, then maybe he should report this and get the website changed. Seat Guru states the same.

I agree with Guest_Poster that an 18.5 inch seat width is narrow in business class, especially allied to a reduced pitch in certain seats, if that is indeed true. With the seat pitch reported by 2 respected airline seat websites at only 48 inches (4 feet), the reduced pitch seats must be really tight. Back on topic, BA has 20 inch width and 73 inch pitch. That’s 25+ inches more pitch than EK.

The review mentioned by SimonS1 mentions an alternating 1-2-1 layout, but the very nature of those layouts means you get 2-4-2 because of the effect of staggering. This is evidenced by letters missing in the rows.

So, please try and keep a civil tongue and back up your assertions as best you can. Thank you.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Good for you, Bucksnet. The relentless personal attacks on you, and others, since Henkel.Trocken “returned” that particular handle from hols on Thursday 6th June are unacceptable.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/members/Henkel.Trocken/content/forum-posts/page/2

There has been a quite obvious return to the unpleasantness we saw when he last posted here in early May, and it makes the forum both unfriendly and childish.

esselle
    Participant

Bucksnet

I don’t think anybody is attacking you, only your rather silly assertion.

As had been said ad nauseam, go and fly one, and count the seats, then come back if you dare, and accept that those who have been on board and say 4 are right, and you, who have not, and say 8, are wrong.

Good grief.

SimonS1
    Participant

Bucksnet – if it was a 2-4-2 then like British Airways the people in the windiow and middle seats would end up needing to climb over the passenger on the aisle to get out. That isn’t the case.

Even BT indicates it is staggered 1-2-1 seating.

There seems to be a nasty whiff in the air at Krug towers these days. I’m surprised VB hasn’t wheeled out the usual list of quotes from down memory lane. Still maybe you can ask about the seating when grill Mr Walsh at the Taste of London.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Thanks VK. As the only poster I think I’ve attacked in the all the time I’ve been on here, it’s nice to be supportive to each other when needed.

esselle, comments have been attacking me personally and have also been sarcastic and worse. I am not making a silly assertion, but simply saying what I see and backing it up with evidence.

As I have said, even if I had flown in the cabin in question, I would still need to prove things to others who had not. Other posters have flown in the cabin, but instead of constructive explanation they resort to the posts we’ve seen so far.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Bucksnet – 09/06/2013 19:32 GMT
    Thanks VK. As the only poster I think I’ve attacked in the all the time I’ve been on here, it’s nice to be supportive to each other when needed.

Comedy gold.

Thanks for cheering up my Sunday.

Teary-eyed.
    AOTG.

esselle
    Participant

Bucksnet

You do not have to prove things to people who have not!!!!!!!!!!! You are trying to prove things to people who have!!!!!!!!! And they, therefore, are slightly better placed to judge. And thus they know you are 100% wrong.

Keep digging. This is fast becoming the joke thread of the year. VK could learn from you.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls