BA A380 is getting real

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 178 total)

• Shearer
    Participant

Oh my god this forum this forum.

It doesn’t matter if BA are the last to get one. This point scoring is mind numbing.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

NIRscot – 08/06/2013 12:54 GMT
    It doesn’t matter if BA are the last to get one. This point scoring is mind numbing.

It doesn’t matter to you.

Is that sufficiently on point?

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Edski777
    Participant

We’ll have to wait until the BA A380 enters service to know if it is a winner or just a hype. The list of AotG produced is fine, but wait and see if BA can beat the other operators in terms of service and comfort.
    From the information available it will be a hard fought battle.

After all: we already know the beast flies with over 100 delivered.

BritFlier
    Participant

I would maintain it is actually very important when airlines get their aircraft in relation to competition. The largest driver to airline revenue improvement is how you fare against your competitors in Price, service, product, capacity etc. All are significantly impacted by new aircraft, especially one that’s a new generation of type offering marked performance improvements.

The A380s have been very successful in operating on routes where there is constrained capacity / slot timings: EK’s routes to LHR as a classic example. Let’s ponder on a hypothetical situation that EK got cold feet on being so dominant in the first batch of orders – a huge amount of market share and revenue would have been lost to competitors. Given the A380’s C/ASK benefits this would have translated to a relative loss in profit to competitors.

Of course there’s a risk with new aircraft (EG 787) throwing airlines’ expansion plans into chaos, but strategic benefits of first-in-service are considerable.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’ve now tried all the A380s and the experience though different has been pleasant.

I’m not inclined to try the BA one which has nothingn new to offer, tired overcrowded first and a business class product that is seven or eight years old.

I don’t think any airline has launched the A380 without at least one new premium cabin, most managed two. As for all the nonsense being spouted about the increased weight version, what difference will it make to passengers? Oh, I’ve just realised, none at all, they will still be sitting in overcrowded first and dated business class.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

THAT, exactl is my opinion, too.
    Why should there be any eagerness to try the BA380?

Nothing new inside. An “tired overcrowded first and a business class product that is seven or eight years old.” as Henkel.Trocken said above.

For me it is an enigma, why BA didnt take the chance to offer an uptodate product in F, at least, instead of this old tight and cramped seating.

Flyboy18
    Participant

AOTG…it may not matter to you but matters to myself and others, and this you must respect.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

scott72 – 09/06/2013 17:06 GMT
    AOTG…it may not matter to you but matters to myself and others, and this you must respect.

Errr…scott72 – can I suggest you read the thread again and consider that, I agree that it matters, which I thought was rather obvious by my posting the dates other airlines took delivery of their A380 aircraft.

It was during a whinge by NIRScot that the lack of mattering was mentioned..

Respectfully.
    AOTG.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Henkel.Trocken – 09/06/2013 12:03 GMT

Your agenda has very clearly been to put the boot into BA using any excuse in recent months and you have stated your intention of not flying on BA. Consequently, just how relevant is any observation of yours on a service you have indicated you will not ever be using?

Incidentally, did you notice last week’s news item that FRA has the highest incidence of delays to any major airport?

It must have eluded me because I really don’t recall a constant diet of complaints about German inefficiency whereas you’d be the first to dump all over LHR/BA/UK plc were it to happen here. Indeed:

Henkel.Trocken – 10/06/2013 11:41 GMT

I’m in the F lounge at the moment too, just had some pistachios and a G&T, moving on to an antipasta plate of freshly sliced parma ham and similar things and then I’m expecting a steak cooked to order. There is a wide choice of puddings and cheese. The atmosphere is very peaceful and rather exclusive. All in all, a top notch experience.

The airport is Frankfurt and the airline is Lufthansa who probably have the best F offering of any European airline by a country mile. ENDS

Possibly a substantial plate full of double standards?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

AnthonyDunn – 10/06/2013 12:16 GMT

You really don’t know what I think so please don’t make assumptions.

I’ve flown LH twelve times in the last two months using both FRA and MUC, I haven’t experienced any delays there and nor did I experience one leaving LHR so I’m really not sure what you are driving at.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The forum was a much more pleasant place prior to Henkel.Trocken’s resumption of posting on Thursday 6th June; those tuning in after the weekend must have wondered what has happened….a return to the unpleasantness of the previous months.

SimonS1
    Participant

Oh dear Kruggles, not calling you bad names is he?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

VintageBoop – 10/06/2013 12:32 GMT
    The forum was a much more pleasant place prior to Henkel.Trocken’s resumption of posting on Thursday 6th June;

I disagree.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The lunatics – all of the TetedeCuvee/CallMeIshmael bent – have taken over the asylum.

esselle
    Participant

I welcome HT’s return, as the more this forum is populated by posters who deal with facts, the better it will be.

Speculation, guesswork, assumptions from those who know little is of little interest to those who have actually experienced what they are talking about, rather than imagining it.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 178 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls