BA A380 is getting real

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 178 total)

• HarryMonk
    Participant

Looks good but I think it would look better if the split between white and blue was slightly higher

WoburnMan
    Participant

Looking good only a few months left now :o)

openfly
    Participant

I do hope all the folks who are excitedly booking the first flights on the BA A380 are not too disappointed when it is subbed by a derelict 747 time and time again in the first few weeks due to unservicability. It happens.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Like the rest of the BA fleet, it would look far better in the Landor livery or at the very least the Landor tail. The current design was never meant to be on anything except Concorde and it doesn’t work on the range of shapes and sizes it is on none of which are like Concorde.

The interim between full Landor and the World Images would be acceptable and moreso if the stupid ‘speed marque’ was replaced by the speed bird.

christopheL
    Participant

Don’t you think the Landor livery is a little old fashioned ? It looked great in the 80th but we are now in the 21st century.

WoburnMan
    Participant

Not at all bring it back it was a wonderful livery …

BeckyBoop
    Participant

What is really stupid is that this plane left the airbus factory months ago to arrive in Germany to have it painted and fitted and they still haven’t finished it.

Shortie
    Participant

Does anyone know the short haul routes the plane will be tested on? I have several booked over the summer and it would be lovely if one featured this big bird?

Shortie
    Participant

Does anyone know the short haul routes the plane will be tested on? I have several booked over the summer and it would be lovely if one featured this big bird?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

christopheL – 05/04/2013 16:48 GMT
    Don’t you think the Landor livery is a little old fashioned ? It looked great in the 80th but we are now in the 21st century.

Agree with you christopheL, I rather like the newer livery and think it looks great on the A380, best looking one I’ve seen.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Another cool BA A380 update video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq0Wqu5g8g4

VintageKrug
    Participant

Becky, the possible reason for the delay between being “finished” and being painted up and sent over to Blighty is the fact that BA is receiving the first of the increased Take Off Weight A380s, so may have required further testing and/or certification?

This will mean BA gets better performance and can uplift more cargo than current passenger versions of the A380.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

This months High Life contains a short interview with the BA training standards captain of the A380 fleet.

Asked whether he had flown the A380…

“we spent some time with Qantas over Christmas, flying the plane between London and Australia..”

..were these flights empty or do/did BA have an agreement with Qantas and presumably the UK and Australian authorities to use scheduled flights for training different airline crew. Or were these flights all empty…?

Just curious how this was carried out and whether it did involve fare paying passengers.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Just how many airlines have beaten “The World’s Favourite Airline” to the punch with A380s?

Air France 20 November 2009 (8 x A380)
    China Southern Airlines 17 October 2011 (5 x A380)
    Emirates 1 August 2008 (33 x A380)
    Korean Air 17 June 2011 (6 x A380)
    Lufthansa 6 June 2010 (10 x A380)
    Malaysia Airlines 1 July 2012 (6 x A380)
    Qantas 20 October 2008 (12 x A380)
    Singapore Airlines 25 October 2007 (19 x A380)
    Thai Airways International 27 September 2012 (4 x A380)

Like most of us travellers who are on the forum, I’ve done a few A380’s now, I guess it is only the BA luvvies who have yet to fly on one……

Excited?

Not really……..

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 178 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls