BA A350 familiarisation flights

Back to Forum

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Raffles99 27 May 2019
at 19:25

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Peter
    Participant

How will we know when these flights to Madrid are ready to book?

Do we know approx. what month these will take place?

Thanks!

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

No news yet

My guess is they will take over the BA460 currently operated by a 777 sometime in September. But that is a total guess – maybe they keep the 777 and swap other A320 services for an A350 service.

capetonianm
    Participant

Checked in the GDS and the 350 isn’t showing at all, so as Tim says, guesswork.

I do have a couple of ‘informers’ in BA and will ask the question.

Raffles99
    Participant

BA only gets 30 days notice from Airbus of the exact delivery date, hence the lack of scheduled flights in August. They are not even scheduling ‘official’ flights until 1 October to Toronto although the plan is that they start earlier.

I was told, more than once, at the launch event that it would be the first flight of the day. This seems a little odd because this is currently a short-haul aircraft. On the other hand, it might make sense as BA can easily sub in a short haul if the A350 has issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller June 2019 edition
Business Traveller June 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls