BA A350 Dubai/London

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• rodders
    Participant

I managed to get the 2nd flight from Dubai to London on the A350 earlier this week, and wanted to share some thoughts on the new Club suite on the overnight flight.
    Slight delay leaving Dubai, but a warm welcome from the crew, who were all clearly really enjoying having a new aircraft to work on, and were keen on any feedback, even at 03.00..
    Liked the layout, the seat was very comfortable, and there was enough room for my feet, which is not always the case with this type of layout. The finish around the seat was very nice, brushed nickel, and the wood effect worked well, plenty of storage space and the tray was a big improvement. I was surprised that the overall cabin effect was not diminished by the central overhead bins (unlike Qatar), and I thought that the door on the suite worked very well, and it appeared to be less high than that on QR which I thought was a big plus.The IFE was a huge improvement in terms of quality (especially compared to the 777 RR engined plane on the outbound), and nice to have the fixed screen. All in all nothing to dislike, and a quantum leap forward. the only issue I can foresee is the white coloured side panel on the back of the seat is clearly going to get scuffed very quickly.
    Looking forward to using it again later this month. Couple of pics attached, including sunrise with the wingtips!

BarelyBAGold
    Participant

[quote quote=961108]I managed to get the 2nd flight from Dubai to London on the A350 earlier this week, and wanted to share some thoughts on the new Club suite on the overnight flight.

Slight delay leaving Dubai, but a warm welcome from the crew, who were all clearly really enjoying having a new aircraft to work on, and were keen on any feedback, even at 03.00..

Liked the layout, the seat was very comfortable, and there was enough room for my feet, which is not always the case with this type of layout. The finish around the seat was very nice, brushed nickel, and the wood effect worked well, plenty of storage space and the tray was a big improvement. I was surprised that the overall cabin effect was not diminished by the central overhead bins (unlike Qatar), and I thought that the door on the suite worked very well, and it appeared to be less high than that on QR which I thought was a big plus.The IFE was a huge improvement in terms of quality (especially compared to the 777 RR engined plane on the outbound), and nice to have the fixed screen. All in all nothing to dislike, and a quantum leap forward. the only issue I can foresee is the white coloured side panel on the back of the seat is clearly going to get scuffed very quickly.

Looking forward to using it again later this month. Couple of pics attached, including sunrise with the wingtips![/quote]

I agree about the white coloured side panel on the back of the seat in front being liable to getting scuffed. I flew on the aircraft on one of its Madrid ‘tester’ flights and there were already plenty scuff marks at foot height.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls