BA 777 seat plan not on BA website

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• evelyn
    Participant

We are travelling BA to MLE on 27/11.
    BA info says it is a 777 plane.
    But seat maps on BA.com do not show seat plan for this plane.
    In manage my booking the seat map give Club class as three separate cabins:5-7, 8-18, and 19-24
    I am trying to choose seats without knowing if any windows are missing etc
    Does anyone have more info about this plane?
    Thanks

DerekVH
    Participant

The F seats on MLE are sold as First, this was a plan when the service was moved from LGW to LHR which was a pre-covid change.

evelyn
    Participant

Thanks Jasmine and Derek but no seatmaps show club as being rows 5-24. Or even 8 -24. ( which is what “manage my booking” shows)
    Seat guru does not have anything even vaguely like this number of club seats.
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanks

Hermes1964
    Participant

I travelled back from the US recently on a 777 with 8 first-class seats. These were not sold (First not available on the route) and only released 24/48 hours before departure as part of the Club World cabin. I swapped our seats for two of these, however, the seats were changed back to the main CW cabins shortly before checkin. If you are wedded to your selected CW seat, you change to one of these at your own risk. There are seat maps showing the configuration on Flyertalk.com

Javon
    Participant

I flew on one of these 77Ws yesterday LHR-BGI. Rows 5-7 is the mini cabin and best place to be right behind First.

My friends were in 9A and 10A which were also great, both with two windows ahead of the wing. There are no real bad seats. These aircraft type has 76 Club Suites instead of 49 on the 772.

evelyn
    Participant

Javon, thanks so much for this info.
    We are currently in 7A /K as I like the idea of the smaller cabin.
    But am concerned if the galley behind 7 makes it very noisy.
    And is there a window missing in Row 7?
    Otherwise we would have to take from Row 13 or further backwards.
    Your further advice much appreciated

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

For my twopennyworth, try http://www.aerolopa.com, it is not only updated frequently but has a useful guide to working out which 777 you are offered. For example the 777-300 variant comes with 2 different layouts, aerolopa lists both, seat guru only one – the old one, now being replaced by a reduced first cabin and club suites in business.
    Good luck in working out your preference but be aware that last minute substitutions can always mar your hard work! Enjoy safe travels.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1113740]But am concerned if the galley behind 7 makes it very noisy.[/quote]

Hit and miss whether you suffer from the “BA party style galley chatter” syndrome…. A good crew will respect their passengers have paid for comfort and quietness. A bad crew wont care… On BA it’s a 50/50 chance……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls