BA 777 Config

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• FrequentlyFlying
    Participant

We have an upcoming flight LHR – SAN with BA, originally this was an A350 out and 777 home, no F being sold so CW it was.
    Subsequently BA changed the aircraft to a 777 (how it always was in the before times before they stuck the 747 on the route) thinking F may be available now I checked on the BA site to see this………..

Club world – Front cabinYou are selecting a flatbed seat at the front of the aircraft which was previously our First cabin and is now sold as Club World. Some elements of the product and service may differ between the First and Club World cabins.

The front 2 rows are F configured ie 1 – 2 – 1

Are they the big old F chairs still or have they fitted the entire cabin with CW seats?

Thanks

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

What date are you flying (if ok to ask)?

DerekVH
    Participant

This is the new BA F with only 2 rows of seats, 1-2-1 – they are F seats not CW but obviously you only get CW service.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Looking at random dates in October the 777 looks like a 3 class with no F on the dates I’m looking at with all seats in new CW Suites cabin

From November plane switches to a 4 class 787 sold as 3 class so first 2 rows would be the “F” seat.

FrequentlyFlying
    Participant

March 24 out 16 Apr home.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Worth bearing in mind that these are unusual times in aviation and nothing can be considered definite so far in advance.

In particular you would be travelling out in the winter 9i.e. using winter schedules) and returning in April when airlines introduce their summer schedules.

1 user thanked author for this post.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

So yes a 4 class 787 outbound at the moment with 8 F seats blocked out (might allocate seats depending on loads) and 777 on the return with 14 F seats but sold as 3 class. This far out a lot could change and different aircraft be put on or might even sell F seats on it again. The 777 could easily be switched back to a plane with the Club Suite product.

mkcol74
    Participant

I’m guessing they’ve got the First cabin not bookable as First so that should they change the type operating it again to one without First they don’t have downgrade compo issues to deal with.

superchris
    Participant

A couple of years ago I travelled on a club europe Avios ticket to Madrid and ended up in F on a 777!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[postquote quote=1113764]

You might encounter the same if flying to Madrid next month with BA’s A380 (which will also be operating to Frankfurt).

CAI
    Participant

Just tried ‘dummy bookings’ in Eco and Bus. 22/11 LHR 15.15 – MAD 18.45 and 26/11 MAD 20.05 – LHR 21.20 when A380 scheduled. On seat maps for both flights the whole of the upstairs has been blocked out, as is F cabin.
    Conversely Iberia schedule A350 on some LHR-MAD flights and, when logged in with my BA Silver number, I could book Eco but choose seat in Premium Economy for no extra cost.

DerekVH
    Participant

When the A380’s were first delivered and used for Training flights the upper deck was never used. There were only circa 200 passengers loaded on the A380 which I suspect done in case they had to revert back to an A320 for any reason. It made for a very powerful takeoff with such a light load on the aircraft – highly recommended!

CAI
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls