BA 777, 747 and 767 refurbishment for new WTP

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

superchris
    Participant

Hi there,

Apologies as I know this has been covered before, but anyone know the refurb status of the 777, long haul 767 and 747 fleet with BA (premium economy). Im looking at a trip and have the option of through Miami (747) or through PHL (777 / 767).

Im naturally leaning towards PHL due to an easier connection point but fear it would be old product.

Thanks in advance.

travelworld2
    Participant

I wouldn’t profess to be an expert but the long haul 767s are all booked for withdrawal this year, so they won’t be getting any form of upgrade.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

superchris – 13/04/2016 08:51 BST

Travelworld answers the 767 query, but I think we need RFerguson or a colleague to comment on the 747/777, as it isn’t so simple from what I understand.

Flyboy18
    Participant

The 747 that operates to MIA I believe is a mid-j config and so won’t be the new refurb WTP cabin. The 777 to PHL should be the new WTP and has been when I’ve operated it. The 767 is going from the long haul programme from July 2016. But aircraft can change so can’t be guaranteed. Maybe try the 787 to EWR, maybe that’s an option.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Whilst the 787 is very good in W, I think I’d prefer to take old W through PHL, rather than risk a bad day at Newark.

Gold-2K
    Participant

I have had a couple of very bad experiences passing through PHL, immigration was a complete nightmare and I missed my connection by 90 minutes even though I was on a thru ticket so connection times should have been ‘safe’. Make sure you have 2 hours plus connection time through Philly !

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Gold-2K – 14/04/2016 13:59 BST

Same for me at EWR – LOL.

We have such small sample sizes of personal experience that it’s difficult to draw reasonable conclusions, sometimes 😉

superchris
    Participant

Thank you all.

On balance Ive ended up plumping for a direct BA flight from LGW Old W product I know but no risk of missing connections etc.

Time to load up the ipad I reckon!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

superchris – 14/04/2016 14:12 BST

Sounds like a good call, to me. Old WTP isn’t that bad, if you can entertain yourself, it just suffers in comparison to the newer (excellent) version.

38″ pitch is comfortable for east coast flights – I’ll be sitting in the same to DXB and back in a week.

Chutzpahflyer
    Participant

I wasn’t impressed with the 787 WTP to/from Shanghai. Poor seat pitch, narrow seat (for PE), badly designed footrest. And I think Y catering. The only redeeming feature was the IFE.

Speedbird189
    Participant

Hi @SuperChris.

Just to clarify:
    ———————————————————————–
    Refresh –
    New seat covers, carpets and entertainment systems. OLD seats.

Refurbish –
    NEW seats, 2010. New entertainment system.
    ————————————————————————
    747 – ALL aircraft fitted with old style seats. 18 aircraft have, however, been ‘refreshed’ AND on these aircraft the IFE system has been replaced.

767 – ALL aircraft fitted with old style seats. The 767s recently received a refresh.

777 – MOST 4-class aircraft have received a refurbish (2010 cabin), exceptions include, but not limited to, G-VIIY and G-VIIW. NO 3-class aircraft have received a refresh or a refurbish.

787 – all aircraft have been delivered with the new 2010 cabin.

A380 – all aircraft have been delivered with the new 2010 cabin.

————————————————————————

Hope this helped. 🙂

Speedbird189.

superchris
    Participant

Thank you all.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls