Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

MickBettesworth
    Participant

We are travelling from LHR to EWR on 16/10 in World Traveller Plus on a 767. I have travelled on the short haul 767s to Cyprus and elsewhere and thought the planes were frankly tired and cramped. Can anyone advise to whether the long haul 767’s have been refurbished with the ‘new’ interior?
    Any advice would be welcomed.

esselle
    Participant

Some have, some have not. But you can keep your fingers crossed that you get a CSD called Tracey, who lead the cabin on a flight back from LCA recently. I understood she only flies,on 767’s, so good luck.

Everything BA used to be; efficient, polite, chatty in the right way, and a benchmark for all cabin managers.

If WW is reading this, you need more like Tracy.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

If you can postpone your trip until October 25 you’ll find a more modern product.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/101989/british-airways-to-fly-b787-8-to-newark

london85
    Participant

much more leg room in traveller and better config with 2 3 2 .
    all longhall 767 refurbish ,
    so i would not hesitate much better than BA 787 in traveller

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Having tried the 787 in Club World (okay) and World Traveller Plus (very good), I have only visited the loos in the Y cabin.

But one look at how cramped the seats are in a 3-3-3 layout has persuaded me to never fly in a cabin configured that way.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Re: B787

Yes I must stress that I was referring to B787 Y+ which was the product Mick was looking to book.

MickBettesworth
    Participant

Unfortunately my date is fixed so we are landed with the 767 – – I saw one that had pale blue coloured seats in WT+ – very dated looking. I know some have ‘new’ WT+ seating. This is the first time we have tried WT+ – since semi retirement I am not amassing the Avios in the way that I used to, so business both ways was a step too far. Hope it I will be reasonably comfortable

rferguson
    Participant

The longhaul 767’s had a ‘light’ refresh – just basically new fabric coverings.

Saying that, I think the old ‘flying hoover’ as we call it has one of the best WTP cabins in the BA fleet – a small intimate cabin of 24 seats in a 2-2-2 configuration, no middle seats and it’s own loo.

You won’t see ‘Tracey’ from the Larnaca flight on the EWR though. Shorthaul 767 crews fly shorthaul routes and long haul cabin crew 767 long haul routes.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I’ve always liked flying on 767s.

When I lived in Australia they were used by Qantas (and Ansett) on Sydney to Melbourne and Brisbane at peak hour (1hr.30min flights) and they were far more comfortable than the 737s.The 2 -3 -2 config meant you were only ever one seat away from the aisle and, if you were lucky, had a free seat next to you when on a window.

Same for BA’s 767s . If I had a choice between a 777-200 and a 767 longhaul on BA, I’d take the 767 any day for the extra space. The 777-300ERs have the upgraded TVs so they norrowly win (despite the 3-3-3 config).

A few years ago they were placing long haul configured 767s on the LHR -ATH route which meant getting the old Club World seat when travelling Club Europe. Often there were cheapish upgrades at check in and, even if you ended up in the WT+ cabin once the beds ran out, it was still a big step up from the normal CE seat.

I’ll definitely miss BA’s 767s when they’re gone!

TominScotland
    Participant

I flew ORD – DUB at the weekend on an AA 767-300 in J – it was a refurbished one with their rather nice, fully flat seats and was a late plane change to our advantage. I also like the feeling of space with the very high overhead bins. Economy looked OK in terms of seats but, with no seat-back IFE, it was back to the old days for folks there. Up front, we were given tablets with rather limited content.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

AMcWhirter – 15/09/2015 19:47 BST

As stated in my post, the 787 WTP is a very good product and on the odd occasions where I couldn’t avoid the evil empire, I’d take over club world on a day flight – it’s that good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls