BA 632 delayed to Athens due to ATC weather diective over France.Excuse or Not?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anton
    Participant

I have been told this flight to Athens is going to be delayed atleast 2hours due to adverse weather and French ATC having to re route.
    I have a colleague leaving from Luton to Athens with no delay.
    I am just sceptical about the reason for this delay. FR24 looks like there are plenty of flights in the airways heading south to Greece?

ASK1945
    Participant

I can’t find any reference to poor weather online but Copilot in Windows (AI) found the following:

Yes, there was a planned air traffic control (ATC) strike in France. The SNCTA, the largest union representing air traffic controllers in France, had initially called for a 24-hour strike on Thursday. However, they later called off the strike after reaching a deal on pay and working conditions. Despite the strike being canceled, many flights remained canceled due to the late notice. Approximately 75% of flights at Paris Orly Airport and 55% at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport were affected. Other unions, including UNSA-INCA and Usac-Cgt, had also called for a strike, but it’s unclear whether they proceeded with the action[/b][/i].” Maybe it carried over to today, Friday.

Looking at FR24, the Aegean flights also were delayed and on the Athens airport arrivals board several flights that were from our part of Europe arrived an hour or more late. Unfortunately, BA62 was just under 2-hours late, so no compensation due, anyway, if it was BA’s fault.

2 users thanked author for this post.

pheighdough
    Participant

I see there was an issue with French ATC, in Brest’s airspace which meant there were delays for flights, due to reroutes, into airspace avoiding Brest. This seemed to have been a major event, and the recovery took time, once the issue was resolved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls