BA 60J vs Virgin

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

What a decision I have to make:

Destination MIA.

Whether ex europe or via London I have to choose between my beloved 60J on BA or a crappy Virgin A340 out and a semi decent 747 back but a savings of £500 – £600 pounds on Virgin over the BA flight in club,

One factor is that the BA sector will take me over the tier points required for the one class upgrade for 2, which is easily worth over the £500. However, my last experience with Virgin left a lot to be desired.

I do wish that BA would offer the UK market better fares even in their sales.

Any help from fellow travellers would be appreciated.

fclassflyer
    Participant

BA without a shadow of a doubt.

Virgin – overrated lounge experience (felt like a university common room), amateur staff, terrible food and who designed a seat that forces you to stare at 20 other passengers for the duration of your flight and reach behind your armpit for a drink?

BA – nothing spectacular but a reliable consistent service with a good bed.

I would choose BA every time.

Share your views on the fares – no consolation that fares are cheaper ex-Europe.

PatJordan
    Participant

Martyn,

I imagine BA lounges far exceed Virgin, the benefits you will reap from the tier points……….and of course your beloved 60J….

BA seems to be the winner in all areas.

Enjoy and safe travels.

Pat

Potakas
    Participant

Martyn,

As your favorite seat on BA is available and will get you the voucher Upgrade for Two (which is more than £500). The choice is obvious 😉

NTarrant
    Participant

Martyn

It has to be BA, no contest, no brainer!

Nigel

robsmith100
    Participant

Then again a change once in a while couldnt do much harm… could it?

Surely you will still have a chance to use BA again later in the year.

Binman62
    Participant

£500 is £500 and you can do a lot with it. As suggested in another post BA charge these fares because they can. If passengers like you and I vote with our feet then perhaps, just perhaps things will change. If we contineu to pay however they certainly will not. Go VS and enjoy the best lounge at LHR….does the fare allow the motorbike to the airport!!!!

robsmith100
    Participant

You will also get free transfers to the airport

HonestCrew
    Participant

To fclassflyer.

What do you mean by Virgin “amateur staff”?

I’m not Virgin crew, but I’m interested in the opinions premium customers have of them.

Cheers!

NTarrant
    Participant

See Virgin didn’t doo very well on Watchdog.

fclassflyer
    Participant

HonestCrew

Just a matter of personal preference. I prefer cabin crew who are calm, professional and efficient. If they can add warmth and courtesy to the offering then so much the better.

The virgin crew I have experienced on a number of flights sem to be disorganised, disinterested and prioritising the perceived “relaxed atmosphere of the airline” over the need to provide a superior level of service to their premium customers.

My personal favourites are Asian crews (Thai/SQ) and some of the mixed nationality Middle Eastern crews. BA crews are usually professional and efficient but tend to lack warmth.

robsmith100
    Participant

Swissdiver
    Participant

A couple of unrelated comments:

Virgin is usually not an option when flying ex Europe as almost no feeding flights are available. Virgin is then concentrating on the British market with a dedicated product and a more aggressive pricing.

Strange BT review. It gives me the impression the author is a Virgin unconditional fan, and his views are not as objective as they should be…

Swissdiver
    Participant

Sorry, forgot to answer the question: BA of course!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls