BA 50% Miles deal

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Excellent deal; five flights booked in this promo, and thinking up other places to visit this afternoon!

Binman62
    Participant

Good luck to anyone who wants to fly down the back,, it would be nice however if there were any j availability to syd a year out. July 9 th the only date next July for lhr syd and nothing at all back.
    Whilst some may welcome the ability to waste miles and pay the ludicrous fuel surcharge to fly economy others do not not.

Potakas
    Participant

err, my flights are in CE… some oneways for ex-EUR fares, 5 returns to Moscow, a weekend in Istanbul, 5 returns to ATH. And all of them are flexible 😉

The average price for a restricted return to Moscow is £1K, for IST £600 and for ATH £550. Oneway to AMS is £500. I calculated that I spent 170K miles for £11K tickets, I also paid ~£1,2K in taxes.

So, we are talking about 170Kmiles for £9K.

I feel alright with that and my tickets are flexible too (So I gained more).

The miles that I spent for those flights, I’ll get them back because of the “AMEX to BA double miles” offer.

It couldn’t get better for me.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Err, my flights are also in Business Class CE/shortish day flights in Premium Economy WT+ for the family.

A WT+ round trip to New York for 37,500 BA Miles and a day flight both ways (so no need to sleep) is excellent value, even for someone who rarely samples Premium Economy.

A terrific deal, especially in the context of the current double miles for foreign transactions and double miles for transferring Amex Membership Rewards points! In that context you’re getting a stonking bargain – round trip in WT+ for less than a one way usually costs in Economy.

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/executive-flight-offer-6/execclub/_gf/en_gb

VintageKrug
    Participant

Anyone else booked under this special offer?

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I thought about it, but there’s not anywhere we particularly want to go ‘on a whim’ right now and we can’t plan enough ahead to think about next year. We have to weave our own travel around my work commitments, and until they’re known for 2012…

Shame.

Incidentally, VK, I had a couple of questions to ask you. No PM facility here, but I have a throwaway account at totallydeadmailbox at yahoo dot co dot uk if you want to drop me a line.

David
    Participant

Yes, VK; I booked 3 tickets to BKK for the family in October. Lots of availability.

Cantona07
    Participant

Yes, I booked my son a Manchester – Montreal for Nov, returning at Easter, 25,000 miles a real snip. Also booked three tickets in WT+ to Abu Dhabi in December, 90,000 in total seems plenty of options still available, long may it last!

VintageKrug
    Participant

This is a great offer, particularly if you are able to treat friends and family who might otherwise not have an opportunity to travel in WT+ or CE.

The best deal IMHO is to the Middle East, with flights to Dubai (though the other Emirates are more interesting) in Premium Economy from 15,000 BA Miles each way; as these flights aren’t too long, they are an ideal length to try WT+.

http://www.ba.com

VintageKrug
    Participant

Bump as I think I’m right in saying this offer ends tomorrow (Saturday) and is unlikely to be repeated in the near future.

degreecy
    Participant

VK: In treating family & friends scenario, whats the easiest way possible to do this ? Is it the household account ?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Not really; I think in a household account you can only buy tickets for those actually IN the account, so this wouldn’t work for less closely connected relatives.

You can just use the usual BA.com process to book a redemption with your relative as the ticketed reservation holder.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls