BA 50% Miles deal

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

It looks as though BA are about to announce a 50% discount on Mileage booking deals. The booking window is short but tickets can be booked for the next year. Not available, sadly, in Club World or First.
    Watch this space!!

flyingformiles
    Participant

Do you have a source for this?

openfly
    Participant

It is happening on BA.com. They dont seem to have told anyone. I havent had an email informing of the offer! I just went on to book and it happened………50% discount. There is no mention of it on the website. Good luck

coudntthinkofaname
    Participant

it’s on there but not yet widely publicised (you have to log on with your BAEC details)

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/executive-flight-offer-6/execclub/

Good luck!

flyingformiles
    Participant

At least Club Europe is included.

CRAIGADAMS
    Participant

Thank you for the early notice (earlier than it appeared on Flyertalk). I was able to cancel an existing miles redemption booking in WT+ for a USA trip over Christmas/New Year and rebook our trip for the same dates in WT+ at the sale rate. I’ve also made a second booking in WT+ to the USA today for later in 2012 while the sale availability is still very good. Great to have the early information here.

continentalclub
    Participant

The offer may also be combined with American Express companion vouchers.

FCTraveller
    Participant

The offer appeared in the BA Executive Club Newsletter this morning.

Travellator
    Participant

It costs £ 10 k spend for an Amex Companion Voucher – use it carefully to get max value – very long haul in F e.g.

continentalclub
    Participant

First and Club World are not included in this offer, Travellator. I currently have three vouchers however, with one due to expire, so a late summer Club Europe or even East Coast US in WTP with one of the day flights back might be just the job to use the soon-to-disappear one.

JordanD
    Participant

Having some success with this (as ever, pays to be creative with the dates) … that said question: I currently have a WTP booking and there is availability still in the system for that date & route. Can I book the second (discounted BA Miles) ticket for the same date/route/flight first then cancel the one at normal BA miles or do I cancel first?

Aware of various ‘auto-deletes’ by the systems when they see the same traveller name booked in twice for a flight ….

CRAIGADAMS
    Participant

JordanD – I did what you described earlier today. I made a new booking with the discounted BA miles and then cancelled my existing booking. Both were for travel in WTP. On the new booking I shifted the outward and return date by one day forward ( no availability was shown for my existing date of travel). Once I had cancelled the existing booking, availability opened up for those dates once again. I then shifted the new booking to the dates I had previously. This only took a few minutes in total. Good luck.

continentalclub
    Participant

That’s a very clever way of doing it, CRAIGADAMS, and not one that I’d have immediately thought of!

I cancelled and rebooked an itinerary in the last 50% sale, but I just went with the ‘make a new booking then cancel the old’ process and it worked fine. The one snag I’d have had with your way of doing it is that as I’m not London-orginating, it’s not possible to change an existing booking online anyhow.

The de-duping of bookings is not a continuous process however; I believe that it’s a particular script which runs periodically – I think in the middle of the UK night. I think you’d have to be exceptionally unlucky to make the new booking and immediately have it swept by the de-duper. So, if your existing itinerary is not amendable online and you don’t want to call then I’d be fairly confident that the ‘make a new booking then cancel the old’ process would work without a problem.

Travellator
    Participant

Was aware this deal is not CW or F was a general comment. My spend is such now that instead of my wife sharing my card that she will get one of her own and we will split the spend and get 2 vouchers between us each year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls