BA 125 flight routing

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Wolfman
    Participant

I am aware that there is a 25,000′ restriction over the Sinai peninsula and that the operating height of my particular flight at the time was 39,000′. Can someone tell me please why, some 14 days after the downing of the Russian aircraft, was BA overflying this area, making a 90 degree left turn over Aqaba. Are they asking for an incident or just annoying the locals because ‘they can” ??? Please, in any case, not when I am onboard.

nibbler
    Participant

Not an expert but looking at the flight maps over the last week its likely a desire to avoid flying over Syria. They have either gone over the eastern tip of syria / mosul in iraq or gone south to red sea and crossed saudi.

Wolfman
    Participant

My experiences, until then, on the 125 were over the Black Sea across Turkey, cutting Northern Iraq, tracking down Iran then cutting across to BAH anywhere south of Basra. They have in past 3 years anyway, gone nowhere near Syria.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Given the political instability and general nastiness of the groups there, flying over the ME is best missed out if one can. Europe/US to asia direct is entirely possible & totally avoids this potential danger zone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls