BA: 10% Off All Cabins ex UK Book by 24 Aug

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

10% discount available on all long and short haul British Airways-operated flights departing any UK airport:

***valid in conjuntion with sale fares now loaded (and shareholder discount) – expires tonight, 24th August***

http://tidd.ly/b77c2d2d

Follow the booking process as normal until the final fare quote page, and click on the ‘Got a promotion code?’ link at the top of the page.

Enter code: brighton

Full Ts&Cs at link – valid for travel up 12 Dec.

Binman62
    Participant

So, the DFS of the airline industry has they another sale, just 2 days after the closure of the 50% miles deal for their poorest value cabins.

What next, fly now pay in 2012?

My concern about these so called sales is t hey are not sales at all and it makes it almost impossible for the consumer to make a values based decision as the goal post shift on a weekly basis. Moreover the great con here is that fuel surcharges which can often be over 40% of the base fare have not been lowered despite an 18% reduction in oil costs in last 4 months.

JordanD
    Participant

Actually Binman, this is a targetted sale in conjunction with the BA float appearance at Brighton Pride; there was a similar discount being offered after the London Pride event earlier this summer.

You full well know BA run targetted campaigns from time to time, but hey, why let that stop you from having a moan?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would urge those considering using this code to defer a few hours.

openfly
    Participant

VintageKrug….I have to ask the question…why are you ”urging those considering this code to defer a few hours”?? You obviously have some inside information on a sale starting at BA. How come you get this information before it is made public? You must be very close to BA.

Binman62
    Participant

JordanD…thank you, I did not know it was a targeted campaign on the back of Brighton Pride as it did not appear in the post by continental club nor did I know about the previous campaign. Neither are events that I have any interest in.

The point is that BA’s sales/campaigns are regular and as such, just like DFS, it is impossible to know if you are getting deal or not.

continentalclub
    Participant

The ‘brighton’ discount code is valid for bookings made up to and including 24th August.

Although it’s likely that a full-blown sale will be along at the end of the month (if previous years have been anything to go by), anyone needing to make a booking prior to that may still find the code of use.

In the last sale, it was notable that not all fares on all dates did in fact reduce; weekend flights to holiday destinations during school breaks actually stayed the same and in some cases then rose as demand was catalysed. Mauritius and Dubai were cases in point.

Discount codes like this one and the contemporaneous Air France one (but which is for only £20) can be applied across the board.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Though the Binman takes pleasure in criticising BA both when they offer a sale and when they do not, many will benefit from this code, particularly on domestic and European services where the inclusion of the taxes and fees element reduces the cost considerably.

Another excellent, UK focussed offer from BAEC valid across all classes of travel.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Just three days to go on this one!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Ends tomorrow, though might be better to wait for the sale fares being loaded shortly thereafter, depending on whether you’re buying flexible tickets or not.

openfly
    Participant

@VK I have to ask the question How do you know that ”sale fares are being loaded shortly after”?? Even senior sales and marketing people in BA do not have this information yet.

continentalclub
    Participant

openfly: there is an article on the Business Traveller homepage heralding the forthcoming sale, which has been communicated to editors today:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-launches-worldwide-sale

VintageKrug
    Participant

One would hope that “senior sales and marketing people”at BA would indeed have had advance warning of this information.

Alas, as with all the conspiracy theories, you’re way off, openfly.

Info was publicly available, as cc posted, and it’s widely known that BA has an established pattern for sales which it doesn’t take a genius to work out. Just a modicum of intelligence will suffice.

Harry007
    Participant

Thanks again to CC and VK for the heads up on this one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls