B767 Business Class LHR-JFK

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

On the 747 – seats 64a and 64k have plenty of extra legroom, especially 64a. Also rows 62 (a & J) and 63 (b & k) face the exit row so have the added benefit of extra leg room and you don’t have to climb over anyone to get to the aisle.

On the 777 I’ve not personally found any rows which have substantially greater legroom.

I’m also 6’3″ so find the BA seat slightly too small apart from the 747 and the seats listed above.

If I fly on a 777, I try, where possible to fly First

LeTigre
    Participant

Qantas has 80″ beds and Virgin Atlantic 79.5″ so it should be easy for you to get some rest on those. They both claim the “longest bed” title, so you can decide accordingly.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

At 79.5″ Virgin may have long beds, but they are as flat and as hard as a piece of board and if you are lucky, they don’t dip at the head.

wanula72
    Participant

I have to agree with RichHI1 that on overnight flights BA’s club world seat is not very comfortable if you are over a certain height. At 6’7 I find angled lie flat seats do actually give more leg room and although it takes some getting used to I can sleep easier.

So on routes to Asia I try to go Qantas angle lie flat rather than a BA NCW unless you can get 64 A and K on a 747, but you have to book so early to get these seats and that’s not always possible. I have yet to find a BA 777 or BA 767 seat in NCW that gives more leg room so try to avoid these at all costs on a night flight.

Qantas lie flat (A380) is the exception as these do give enough room when laying down.

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

I have to disagree with RichH11, from a height of 6’8” I find my regular trips on the NCW 777 fine for sleeping – it all comes down to how you sleep. To paraphrase Ikea, let us know your height, weight and preferred posture – we are all different.
    On a 3 class 777 try the extra length of seats against a bulkhead – 4A+K, 11A+K normally, and on a 4 class 15A+K. Alternatively if you must face forwards try the front bulkhead seats.

RichHI1
    Participant

Hengli and Martyn Virgin used to work well for length but when they went from 744 to 346 they shortened the beds by a bout 2 inches and it is now no good for me. Only time I was booked in business on Qantas they upgraded me so yet to try. GKing92 my issue is osteoarthritis in knees due to sports injury which means I have to sleep with knees not bent, I can see if you can do fetal or knees bent as some do, then ncW could work. As previously posted flyingbackwards is issue for me ( don’t like facing away from windows a la Virgin either.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls