Avis Preferred early summer sale

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

One for Avis Preferred members (you need to log in to your account to see the offer)

Treat yourself to an earlier and quieter break with up to 20% off – receive a further 5% off exclusively for being an Avis Preferred member.

Get your summer off to the best possible start with wallet-friendly prices at our locations worldwide. Save up to 25% off when you book by 24th April or up to 20% off when you book by 31st May for hire car pick-up between 19th April and 30th June.

Offer available at selected locations and date exclusions apply.

Existing Avis Preferred Members

Avis Preferred members receive exclusive access to the sale between 19/04/2017 – 24/04/2017.
      Discounts of up to 30% are available.
      Book within this period to take advantage of an additional 5% off over and above the discounts offered within the ongoing promotion.
      Additionally Avis Preferred members who make a booking within the promotion with be credited with double your spend balance within your Avis Preferred loyalty account.
      You must pick-up between 19/04/2017-30/06/2017.
      Available online and in all call centres. No pickup day-of-week exclusions.

Discounts are offered within the following countries during exclusive period:

Up to 10% off in UAE
      Up to 15% off in Italy, Spain, Portugal, UK, Bulgaria, Croatia, Egypt, Ireland, Israel, Macedonia, Mauritius, Reunion Island, Turkey, Ukraine, Laos, Philipines.
      Up to 20% off in France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Poland, Albania, Georgia, Greece, Malta, Moldova, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, India, Singapore.
      Up to 25% off in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Belarus, Finland, Brunei, Hong Kong, Taiwan.
      Up to 30% off in Guam and Malaysia.

Discounts in the below countries are unavailable for pickup between the following dates:

Belgium: 19/04/2017 – 01/05/2017 and 25/05/2017- 30/06/2017
      France: 19/04/2017 – 08/05/2017 and 24/05/2017- 30/06/2017
      Greece: 01/06/2017 – 05/06/2017
      Italy: 19/04/2017 – 01/05/2017
      Luxembourg: 19/04/2017 – 01/05/2017 and 25/05/2017- 30/06/2017
      Netherlands: 19/04/2017 – 01/05/2017 and 25/05/2017 – 30/06/2017
      Singapore: 27/04/2017 – 02/05/2017 and 22/06/2017- 30/06/2017
      Reunion Island: 19/04/2017 – 08/05/2017
      Turkey: 23/06/2017 – 30/06/2017
      Ukraine: 01/05/2017 – 10/05/2017

For car hire in European, Middle Eastern and African locations:
    Standard headline discount for this offer is up to 25% in Europe / Worldwide off standard Avis seven-day prices, actual discount varies by location of pickup.
    Maximum discount offered is 30% in Guam and Malaysia.
    Advertised percentage discounts are available across a wide range of vehicles and locations within Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Belarus, Finland, Brunei, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

The discount applies to any length of rental within corporate locations: France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Poland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, UK, Norway, Denmark and Sweden.
    For all other countries the offers applies to rentals of three days or longer.

This offer excludes non-mainland UK stations and the Balearics.
      This offer does not apply to special fleet or vans.
      This discount is valid on rentals for pickup between 19th April 2017 and 30th June 2017.
      Blackout periods may apply.
      European, Middle Eastern and African locations rates include unlimited mileage, Theft Cover, Damage Cover and Vehicle Licence Fee, Airport Charges and taxes where applicable.
      All rentals are subject to insurance excess where applicable; optional insurances are available locally to reduce this excess.
      All rentals may be subject to additional surcharges for taxes voluntary options (e.g. for special equipment, additional drivers, young drivers, optional insurances, fuel, etc.).
      Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion, discount or offer.
      Car rental return restrictions may apply.
      Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements.
      Minimum age may vary by location.
      Offer is non-commissionable.
      Standard Avis Terms and Conditions apply.
      Avis Preferred members receive exclusive access to the sale between the period 19/04/2016 – 24/04/2016.

For bookings in Asian locations:

Offer is valid for pay at destination bookings and rentals.
      Advance booking restrictions & blackout periods apply.
      Reservations and rentals must be made on or before 31st May 2017.
      Rentals must be booked for pick up between 19th April 2017 – 30th June 2017.
      Latest pick up of the Avis vehicle (at participating locations) as per promotional period.
      Minimum rental length of four days applies for Asia.
      Maximum discount offered in Asia is 30% in Guam and Malaysia.
      Offer is only valid in participating Avis locations.

Participating locations in Asia include: Brunei, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Taiwan.

Taxes, optional items and other surcharges may apply.
    Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements.
    Minimum age may vary by location and an additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
    Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer, discount or AWD.
    Offer is subject to availability and subject to change without notice.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Nothing special about this “sale”. Like for like 7 days UK commencing 27 June with Avis Preferred is exactly 49% dearer than EasyJet Europcar.

I don’t have any affiliation with EasyJet or Europcar.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

OK, good to know. I’m astonished that Avis is 50% more expensive than Europcar on a similar rental.

openfly
    Participant

Tom…don’t be too astonished! Same rental on BA.com for Avis CPT was double the Hertz rate! Took my yellow Hertz agreement next door to the Avis office…they know me well! The Avis manager came to chat and was quite offhand…”it’s our busiest time of year. What do you expect?” I gently pointed out that maybe it’s Hertz busiest time of year too! She failed to see my logic!
    So, I now check Hertz and Avis rates….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

From experience I’ve found car rental through airline websites or even special offers reserved for our preferred clients are usually more expensive than booking through regular channels.

I always check the special prices when I book my airline ticket and never found them to be cheaper.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls