Avis launches New Eco Collection

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

The Avis Eco Collection is a new group of diesel vehicles with emissions lower than 120g/km.

http://bit.ly/5mikWh

The VW Golf 1.6 TDI 90ps is apparently the first model to join the fleet. The car’s combined miles per gallon (MPG) is 62.8 and its CO2 emissions are sub 120, at 118g/km.

Avis are offsetting the emissions for every Avis Eco car rental for the months of December 2009 and January 2010 and matching pound-for-pound the total amount offset by all UK customers across the entire fleet during the period.

The new cars are available at 21 locations across the UK:

Birmingham Apt. Edinburgh Apt.

Edinburgh Gatwick Apt.
    Glasgow Airport Glasgow

Heathrow Apt. London Charing Cross
    London City Apt. London Earl’s Court

London Euston St. London Marylebone
    London Mayfair London Paddington St.

London St Pancras St. London Victoria St.
    London Waterloo Luton Apt.

Manchester Apt. Manchester
    Stansted Apt.

k_okosaki
    Participant

Are Avis still using VW as their ‘clean’ diesel vehicles after the emissions scandal? I am planning to hire a car when I fly to Edinburgh next week and was wondereing if anyone used their low emissions vehicles regularly? I certainly don’t want a VW Group diesel after some of the stuff I’ve read.

Are there any other car rental companies offering a decent line up of either low emissions or electric/hybrid vehicles? Hard to know who you can trust these days…

MartinJ
    Participant

Classic greenwash. Could someone please explain to me how combustion engines and “eco” could ever go together?

Charles-P
    Participant

Are there really people who make a choice on hire cars based around emissions ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls