Avis BA website down

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

SwissExPat
    Participant

1 hour ago I went on to the AbisBA website to book a car for next week.

I got the message

“An error has occurred The reservation system is off-line at the moment. Please try again later. We are sorry for this inconvenience. If the problem occurs again, please contact us. (GB-GB-EJ003)”

I had a look at expedia.co.uk and found some alternatives.

I gave it another hour watching telly for a while and then went back to check [ I am an Avis First card holder and can get some benefits so I usually book from them]

An hour later [ and this is mid afternoon on a Saturday] the message is still up.

So I booked a car via expedia with another company.

In my business, if I heard that I was missing sales from regular customers because my website was down for more than an hour during the day…….

Someone would be fired.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Working fine now, though it’s always a good idea to click through http://www.quidco.com/avis first to collect your 11% cashback discount:

http://www.avisba.com

Booking direct at the above site gets the best deals.

Use code N744400 for a further 15% off many rates, as well as getting a minimum of 500 avios per hire if you pay using your BA American Express card, complimentary upgrade through Avis Preferred and a free additional driver.

I find booking a mid-size SUV from airport locations for five or seven days is a sweet spot.

pdtraveller
    Participant

The codes provided are useful however I have always found Avisba to be hopelessly uncompetitive. Its fine if someone else is paying but it is bizarre that going via the rental part of BA.com alone, gets better deals. Personally money supermarket.com as suggested by FDOS some time ago has proved for me at least, to be the best way to a deal .

SwissExPat
    Participant

Had another attempt just now… Sunday 1800 hrs….

Site still down..

Hopeless!

SimonS1
    Participant

Same error for me. Just tried it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls