Avis BA EC offer

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

any deals coming up stateside for april? I have 10 hires to do in one trip so could do with finding an accumalator

Binman62
    Participant

Avisba.com………
    Have now had a number of great deals in the USA and so just tried to book a 3 day hire in GLA for a few weeks time. £100 for 3 days…bargain????
    Not when you then book on Avis.com or Avis.co.uk it isn’t. Same car and dates just £53 if you pay now on Avis.co.uk or £57 if you pay later. Avis.com went further providing the £53 rate as pay later.
    In both cases the BA number was used and the discount picked up but you have to wonder why Avisba.com has a such a huge variation.

Potakas
    Participant

Pfffff

You should also be careful as Avis UK do not give the option of £0 excess and they can charge you very easily for damages (at least Avis at EDI airport)….paid £350 for a 3cm scratch (not sure if I did it).

Not to mention that I never got miles on my BA account for a UK rental and Yes I am an Avis Preferred member :@

Swissdiver
    Participant

I tried also Avis based on my BA EC card (and the preferred card they offered me). Never again. It was in the US and when returning the car I got tricked on a sudden surcharge that wasn’t specified in the contract. When I protested, the guys just told me I’ll miss my flight… An organised swindle…

Renting mostly with Sixt, sometimes with Hertz, almost always happily…

RichHI1
    Participant

These posts are mirroring my own experience of Avis pricing. it used to be very competitive but rates have gone up since the Budget acquisition. I think they are trying to play mutiple segments. Whilst Hertz were pricier, they now often come in way under Avis and the BA discount is mirrored for me by the AAA discount. Does the BA discount work on Budget rentals or are the brands separated?

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

I often use Avis and find their pricing for BA EC members to be no different from that which is available elsewhere. I now just call them up and ask for the best rate they have, which is usually a good 10-15% lower than what I can get on-line.

NTarrant
    Participant

I have just booked a car for MAN later this month and looked at both avis.co.uk and avisba, they were the same price. Unusual!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Indeed, whereas previously, http://www.avisba.com wasn’t good value, it’s much better of late, especially when you use the AWD code N744400. Add in the BA Miles (which do post for me no problem) and it’s a good deal.

The prepay rates also reduce the likelihood of strange charges landing on your bill; though do make sure you return the vehicle full of fuel and if you end up not driving far (I think it’s under 40 miles) they can demand to see a Petrol receipt to prove you fuelled the vehicle and didn’t just use up the overfill; a dodgy practice, but once you’re aware of it you don’t get caught out again!

RichHI1
    Participant

VK I agree it is easy for the unwary to get caught on the receipt deal but we must remind ourselves that it is the dishonesty of a section of the general public that make it necessary. I always keep gas receipts as fraud is very high at Convenience stores and gas stations particularly where pay at the pump is not operating (Some local US Banks time out before connecting the call to overseas and will not accept foreign cards with or without attached zip codes.)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls