AVIS adds to final bill

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

I rent a car with AVIS for a week every month at Cape Town.
    Each time the final bill comes thru the agreed booking amount has been increased by a few pounds. This time it was by £45! AVIS do not reply to my complaints even though I am a Preferred card holder. Has anyone else had the same problem? Their customer service is appalling. I am a UK resident.
    I continue to use them as I book thru BA.com and receive the BA Miles etc.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I always take my booking receipt with me and compare it to the final bill.

I will not leave unless I have corroborated the amounts as being what I expect; it is very hard to rectify mistakes once you leave the drop off location.

The extra is often related to fuel fees; policies on this changed recently, and that could be the source of the problem.

NTarrant
    Participant

Could this be because they feel you have not filled up the tank properly on return?

National used to quote a price and then when you paid it was a few pounds more, slipping in some fee or another, I can’t remember what it was now as its a few years ago. When I complained at the desk the last and final time the guy just said “its only a couple of quid, why should you worry your company is paying”.

watersz
    Participant

Quite frankly I gasped at the add-ons to my final bill yesterday at logan apt boston

customer facility charge 99.6 U.S
    53/day ERF???
    TAX on ERF 5.9%
    11% recovery fee (not used)
    11% FEE ON THIS total
    6/day CFC???
    ANOTHER 6.2% TAX on the taxable subtotal
    another 10.60 .us just saying rental???? probably EZ TAG use For tolls
    total bill for a small compact for 20 days 2386 US and this is with my companies discount voucher

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls