Avios to Nectar points or vv….so frustrating.!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• openfly
    Participant

Has anybody wasted two hours of their life attempting to convert Avios to Nectar or vv? I’ve tried several times, both ways and it doesn’t happen….”ooops we can’t do it, try again later”. Calling Nectar ends up eventually at their Indian call centre. They cannot see that there is anything wrong…try later. Calling BA was a little easier, but they were going to send my query to the famous “back office” and “they would come back to me”…yeah right.

The concept of transferring thousands of useless Avios to Nectar is good….pay for petrol and groceries at Sainsburys using the converted points to Nectar card. I’ve worked it out that my credit, if I could work their system, means that I have about 188 tanks of fuel sitting there!

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this openfly. I appreciate this doesn’t help your situation, but I converted some BP Rewards points to Avios, and then onto Nectar earlier this week, and it all worked very smoothly. Hope they get what ever the issue is sorted for you.

DerekVH
    Participant

I have my Nectar account set to automatically transfer to Avios which is does every month and I have never had a problem, sorry to hear your poor experience.

Johnnyg
    Participant

I also have my account set to automatically transfer from Nectar to Avios, I have never had an issue. Due to a bit of an accumulation I manually transferred points across last night, again no problems. To be honest I have never felt the need to do Avios to Nectar. Have you hit the 80k point transfer limit at all?

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1199949]

openfly

I didn’t realise that Nectar and BA Avios were linked, until I read your message.

I have 50,000 Nectar points which I would like to transfer into Avios, so I have tried to link the two accounts just now, especially as there is an Avios bonus offer at the moment. Whichever direction I attempt to link, it fails. Given that’s now two of us, the problem must be current. Those who have been able to transfer (as posted above) may have done the necessary linkage before now.

I won’t waste my time trying to correct this via Nectar or BA, as this has failed for you. I will try again in a few days.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I don’t have many Nectar points and so have never bothered doing this, but I just linked the accounts and set it up to automatically convert from avios to Nectar and it was very quick and easy.

Now I just need to work out where to fly with those extra avios…

Avios-to-Nectar05

ASK1945
    Participant

Tom

“…………………. set it up to automatically convert from avios to Nectar and it was very quick and easy”.

I think you meant from Nectar to Avios.

Following your message, I have just tried again – without success. I might try using my phone or tablet, rather than the PC.

A300B4
    Participant

I converted 18k Avios to Nectar more than several days ago and they left the BA account almost immediately. Unfortunately no sign of them in my Nectar account as yet, which is rather concerning but I did see something about allowing 12 days for the transfer.

I know they pulled the online Avios > Nectar conversion route for a while due to instances of Avios being stolen via hacked accounts and then transferred to Nectar, which as you know can then be exchanged for fuel, groceries or goods from Argos.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, that is what meant.

Maybe it is something about starting afresh…

Frustrating…

A300B4
    Participant

[postquote quote=1200125]

Avios to Nectar took exactly 12 days before they appeared in my account. I was dreading having to call BA due to the inevitable hour spent on hold but I have been spared that misery.

1 user thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

My situation gets worse! I tried online to do the conversion from Avios to Nectar, through BA.com and Nectar. Neither seemed to work and there were no confirmations of transfer at each attempt.
    I’ve just looked at my BA Avios account and, needless to say, a continuing shambles….each attempt has now deducted those Avios!!
    Ok…but where are they…not in my Nectar account! From a response above I now gather that it takes 12 days for a transfer. In this day and age of computers, I can only imagine it needs the pony express to do these transfers….12 days?!!!
    I’ve worked it out that all my useless Avios are worth 185 full tanks of Sainsburys fuel…it could be a great and beneficial scheme if it worked!!
    Great fun 😀

ASK1945
    Participant

openfly

Just how many Nectar points do you have to be able to use them to get about £12k’s worth of petrol?

I have 50,000 Nectar points, which are worth about £250 if I use them for £5 vouchers at supermarkets. I now can’t be bothered spending the time trying to convert them to Avios, as £250 doesn’t buy a lot of them.😂

openfly
    Participant

1.5m !! 😀

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1201814]

OMG – yes, they are worth probably £25k. I now see why you are so frustrated. Best of luck.

Cwyfan
    Participant

I have several times over the last few months online, but had better luck on the phone, once I got through.

However I have just, at the end of last month, tried it on the Nectar app and it worked a treat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls