Avios refund

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Inthesandpit
    Participant

Good morning all, If I may could I beg some guidance.
    In 10 days the war office is coming to visit me in the sandpit, we booked an AVIOS ticket in CW months ago and there is a high possibility we may have to cancel the visit due to an urgent operation needed in the UK.
    Does anyone have any experience of cancelling an AVIOS rewards ticket? do we forfeit the Avios points or are they refunded? and what happens to the taxes / BA imposed charges etc.?.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks all

first_class_please
    Participant

Full refund of all Avios and taxes paid.

Service charge of GBP35

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/spending-avios/booking-and-service-fees

openfly
    Participant

Easy to do it online and refunds of Avios and money happens quickly. Over the phone it takes a little longer.

mkcol74
    Participant

Don’t forget to cancel it 24+ hours before departure to get your refund, less the cancellation fee. If cancelled <24 hours then you lose everything.
    There is also the option to amend the booking.

Inthesandpit
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your helpful advice it is much appreciated.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mikeact
    Participant

Always amazing with this type of question…just a bit of laziness when the answer is there for all to see on the BA site.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

[quote quote=904932]Always amazing with this type of question…just a bit of laziness when the answer is there for all to see on the BA site.[/quote]

We-ell, sometimes it’s nice to ask here just in case there are some potential hiccups you may not be aware of.

2 users thanked author for this post.

pisspot
    Participant

Had to cancel two avios flights for illness last month. Received full refund of avios points and taxes except for £35 fee. This is much safer than buying seats for cash, which then presents several difficulties in having refunds or changes.

stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=904980]

Always amazing with this type of question…just a bit of laziness when the answer is there for all to see on the BA site.

We-ell, sometimes it’s nice to ask here just in case there are some potential hiccups you may not be aware of.[/quote]

Agreed, I often find i get answers easier and faster on here than the god awful mess that is BA’s website. booking avios flights is another. try using one portal page to book them on non BA routes and get a message saying sorry we dont fly there. use another portal and it comes up sorry we dont fly there but our partners do

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls