Avios prices on partner airlines' change

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

It seems using Avios on One World partners will soon change, and I guess for the worse… See this: https://www.britishairways.com/en-ch/executive-club/news/air-partner-changes

openfly
    Participant

I have looked at the link, thanks. I notice that BA state that “our” prices are not changing. Typical of BA, their off-peak long haul economy Avios fares have recently increased by about 20%, from 16,000 to 19,000!

stevescoots
    Participant

i am also seeing it harder to get redemption on partner airlines, I used to burn my Avios on CX – SGN, there was always availability in all classes however the past 6 months its been the usual availability on either the outbound or inbound but not the entire booking.

As I have ended up booked full fare on the flights i can see plenty of empty seats in Y and J (PE seems full all the time) i have since, just for a laugh, looked at other destinations with OW using avios and found the same, where there used to be plenty of options now very limited

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

BA has confirmed to Business Traveller that the Avios prices will be going up for airline partner redemptions, but we don’t yet have any more details on the specifics:

British Airways Executive Club to increase Avios prices on partner airlines

myoannies
    Participant

Unfortunately BA customer service is not answering our messages.

I have been trying to book reward tickets for more than two weeks with no avail.

Now, they’re saying there will be changes in Avios with their partner Carrier American Airlines !!!

Why they didn’t answer our repeated requests and trials to book our rewards flights earlier !!!

Unjustified and incompetent way of dealing with their long term customers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls