Avios Map unavailable – 3 months

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• UKGB_AG75
    Participant

So, the avios map on BA (the only thing I ever found useful in searching for redemption availability) is still unavailable since May. Does anyone know what the issue is? It’s a complete joke that this message is still appearing. Flight finder is not helpful when you don’t know where you want to go. Not a fan of the avios site either for searching. This is just p**s poor of BA to be honest.

Sorry, our Explorer Map is temporarily unavailable.

We’re working hard to fix the problem. In the meantime, try Flight Finder for another great way to explore where your Avios can take you.

travelworld
    Participant

It’s not been down since May. I used it two weeds ago to make a booking.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

I agree that this a very useful feature of the BA site and it is annoying that it is not working. I’ve only noticed the problem over the last 2 weeks.

I tried the Avios version recently and it wasn’t too bad in terms of locating availability but probably prefer the BA version.

UKGB_AG75
    Participant

Well, you must’ve been lucky as it was down in May and has been any time I’ve tried to access it. Was hoping someone in the know may know the reason why it’s not working consistently.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DerekVH
    Participant

I’ve just logged on to my exec club account and I can use the map; it is showing my correct AVIOS balance and showing me available destinations, I haven’t actually tried to book anything. I am using IE if that is of any relevance.

Ekond222
    Participant

UKGB…have you tried clearing your cookies – this may resolve your issue.

UKGB_AG75
    Participant

Thanks, yeah clearing the cookies sorted it out and the maps back!

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Seems to be working for me now!

ASK1945
    Participant

……………… it’s been down again for me, with both Firefox and Edge.

Has been like this for a week.

DerekVH
    Participant

It is working now using IE

ASK1945
    Participant

Thanks Derek.

Went back to IE (it’s a long time since I used that) and it worked fine. Tried Firefox again, and Edge – still not working.

It’s not a cookies problem, because I cleared them out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls