Avios for originally intended booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• nmtraveller
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I had a booking with American Airlines that was canceled. The airlines rebooked me with Delta. I remember reading somewhere it is possible to request afterwards from BA (where I earn my avios) the miles/avios that should have been paid, had the flight been operated by the originally booked airlines.

Does anybody know a bit more about this and what is the procedure? I think there was a specific code (OTM? or something like that) and was hoping some travel buffs around here would know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Derek1948
    Participant

In a similar vein, my flight to Faro was also cancelled due to “drone activity” by BA. But they rebooked me on a flight 2 days later but going from Heathrow via Barcelona, and then onwards to Faro. They told me when they were talking to me that all Tier Points and Avios would be honoured! I believe it’s the same anyway to either Barcelona or Faro. My only gripe is that we were flying Club Europe and the new flight was CE to Barcelona and then economy on a Veuling flight. As there were plenty of front row seats empty, surely BA should have put me in there at their expense, after all it was only 22 Euros per person.
    All I have to do now is claim back my £90 taxi fare from home so I could be at Heathrow at 6am to check in. Do you think I should ask for something to “compensate” us for having to sit in economy for an hour from Barcelona?
    I hope you get your Avios credited nmtraveller, I’m pretty sure you will although not sure how you go about it. Phoning BA might be your first port of call if that’s where you earn your Avios and AA rebooked you on Delta.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

No experience with BA, but I have been rerouted from my original booked KLM flight due to bad weather at AMS, all miles for my booked flights were credited automatically to my Flying Blue account. A few years ago I had another rerouting from one Skyteam airline (KLM) to another (AF) and I received miles for the original booked flight and also for the replacement flight that I was rerouted onto, an unexpected bonus. Again the miles were credited automatically without having to ask.

fatbear
    Participant

I would say you should get some compensation for having to fly Vueling !

nevereconomy
    Participant

Good luck everyone getting BA to sort it – they did not get it right on a recent cancelled/rebooked on other route/carrier incident I had in October. Also still waiting for my correct EC 261 compensation for
    the same incident.

openfly
    Participant

If a refund isn’t involved, such as on a missed short-haul connecting flight, you call the Exec Club. They will credit your account with the Tier Points and Avios that would have been earned. I’ve done it twice this year and had instant success from the helpful BA Exec Club staff.

mkcol74
    Participant

Yes – you need to request Original Routing Credit for your itinerary.

I had a 14 or 16 sector (forgotten now as it went so horribly wrong) trip in April this year which went awfully awry. It was all on American, but due to weather in LAS I was stuck there for ~24 hours meaning I missed several following sectors. Despite totally missing my destination altogether (if I’d gone I’d not have been able to get catch up with my return flights) and only completing maybe 8 sectors in the end I had every single one credited when I chased it up, despite having not flown them. Some had somehow automatically posted but the others were in my Executive Club account within a fortnight at most.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls