Avios Expert needed

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

pdwtrip
    Participant

I am booked on a Qantas business ticket return to Dubai next week. Outbound on Qantas metal so will get BA Avios and Tier points. Return on Emirates metal – Qantas codeshare . Does anyone know – do I get BA Avios/tier points on this flight – or should I present my Emirates card for this flight at check in?
    Appreciate a clarification.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Think you’ll get Avios but definitely not Tier Points on flights operated by Emirates. So maybe better to credit where applicable to the EK scheme.

pdwtrip
    Participant

Thanks Tim – that is what I suspected.

6Continents
    Participant

I have had both on QF code shares.

rferguson
    Participant

Hey pdwtrip.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/collecting-avios/flights

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a table with qualifying flights.

It says that a Oneword alliance partner flight code operated by a non-partner airline does not receive TP or avios. But there is one caveat – if the flight has a QF code and you are flying with a non-partner airline and not booked in ‘L’ class you will get both tier points and avios.

So provided you aren’t booked in ‘L’ class on your QF codeshare you should be quids in 😉

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

TimFitzgeraldTC,

What you suggested appears to be incorrect. From the BA website:
    **Flights booked under the Qantas code (QF) operated by a non-oneworld airline will earn Avios and Tier Points unless operated by Jetstar in a class other than L class.”

pdwtrip, it seems a QF coded flight operated by EK will earn you Avios and TP.

Speaking as an Aadvantage member, I still earn EQM/EQP on QF coded flights operated by EK. So BA’s exception for Qantas appears to be reasonable.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Apologies. I was checking on my mobile and went straight to QANTAS page and missed that. That was the case before but looks like it is different now for QF. So looks like although EK operated you should earn both Avios and TP. Appears to be the exception to the normal codeshare rules.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls