Avios emails

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yesterday I received 2 emails from avios.

Both said similar things – namely that I had successfully converted other currencies into avios.

These currencies were Absa Cash Rewards and UCount Rewards.

Today I received an email saying they had been sent in error and were intended for South African members of Avios.

I wonder how many of them there are?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

(and when I clicked on the link, I got….)

Avios

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

Many people have received these emails.

Avios responded on twitter:

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I suppose they didn’t want to send a third email saying the first two were in error – tough on those who don’t follow avios on Twitter, though

openfly
    Participant

I got that same. I realised it was a mistake, so shifted the 4400 Avios across to another Avios account!! Thanks Avios…..very generous.

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

Avios have now sent an apology email:

Hello Mr X,

Please accept our most sincere apology.

You may have received two emails from Avios either yesterday or this morning. These emails were intended for members of the Avios South African scheme but were sent to you in error.

We would like to assure you that we’ve not shared your data with Absa or UCount and that there has been no security breach or unauthorised access to your account or personal details. We are aware of how the error occurred and will put in place steps to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

If you have any concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Lisa Harris
    Customer Director

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls