Avios collection on Qantas flights to Dubai from LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Hi all,
    Would anyone know if British Airways Avios collection on Qantas flights to Dubai from LHR will be possible as part of Oneworld alliance?
    Or BA excludes itself from offering avios on those Qantas flights?

flier74
    Participant

As far as I know (and I do not know everything) you will earn Avios And Tier points on a QF flight operated on QF Aircraft as part of the Oneworld Alliance.
    What I do not know and wondered myself is, how about a QF flight number but operated by Emirates? Does anyone know?
    We were looking at options to Oz but as most combinations seem to involve EK metal I hesitated based on Tier Points/ Avios and the Seat lottery on EK you may encounter, when booking premium Cabins on Emirates. Any info would be much appreciated.

Trip1986
    Participant

@flier74

I found this on the BA website:
    “Flights booked under the Qantas QF code operated by a non-oneworld airline will accrue Avios but not Tier Points.”

Here’s the link – http://www.britishairways.com/travel/collect-avios-oneworld/public/en_gb
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and read under Terms & Conditions 🙂

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Hi,
    Does anybody have experience of BAEC Gold getting status matching with Qantas, which would allow use of EK lounges in DXB when flying them?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls