Avanti West Coast Trains – beyond a joke of a company.

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Rail regulator ORR has today told Avanti to ‘pull up its socks.’

During the past few months until now customers have only had access to timetables/bookings until quite near departure.

Imagine an airline acting like this !

https://www.orr.gov.uk/search-news/rail-regulator-calls-improvement-after-avantis-timetable-recovery-plan-stalls

FDOS
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Alex. IMO the franchise should have been removed by now for these performance levels.

cwoodward
    Participant

Probably ORR executives are “working” from home!

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=1337783]Rail regulator ORR has today told Avanti to ‘pull up its socks.’[/quote]

Or what?

The reality is these regulators have been releasing these kind of statements about avanti since the pandemic and nothing has changed. With the government basically bankrolling the Avanti services and with the company having absolutely zero competition i’m sure Avanti just laughs at these ‘warnings’.

And after reading about PPE supply scandals, BBC appointment scandals and sleaze sleaze sleaze I would not doubt for a second that some influential government person is in the back pocket of Avanti’s owners.

What annoys me most is that I am one of those annoying keyboard warriors who takes to forums like this and social media to slate the awful company yet continue to give them my money on an almost weekly basis – because I have no choice.

I would love for Avanti to have a competing high speed service on the main lines they operate.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

The reason for inaction is simple who would run it in theory operator of last resort but could they take on another lame duck and then as this would be essentially a government run thing it would be the government getting the flack not the train companies.

I can not agree though about your corruption allegation.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Today’s service update.

Avanti is saying tickets for tomorrow can be used today (rather short notice) or on Sunday.

Keith
    Participant

currently on the 1333 Avanti London to Manchester Pople are standing , sitting on the floow and making for a very unpleasant jouney. From over heard conversations people are from cancelled earlier trains and cancelled later trains. As many on here have said no communication about the conditions but plenty of “we have a shop in coach C”. I paid for Standard premium but coach is full from standard passengers who havent paid the upgrade due to the hideous over crowding. What a shambles we have in the UK

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls