AV Geek dilemma .. advice please

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Bullfrog
    Participant

Using Avios, I have managed to get a Premium Economy seat on a non stop BA flight from Heathrow to Male in the Maldives. Could only get a G seat, as all windows taken.

Alternatively, I could use more Avios and fly Qatar A380 which leaves a few hours before BA, in Business Class. Two hours in Doha, and then 777 Business Class, arriving at Male an hour before the BA.

Non stop is more tempting, but comfort of business class is also very tempting. Only downside is a connection in Doha, especially during these covid times.

Suffering with decision paralysis, so views welcomed please.

2 users thanked author for this post.

cybertravller
    Participant

As former BA Cabin Crew my advice is Qatar all the way. The A380 is a wonderful aircraft and the 777s in the Qatar fleet are better looked after than the BA ones.

Enjoy the Maldives!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

Nothing to debate. Qatar is the only way here.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Quite agree with above. A Qatar A380 is an “event”. Superb aircraft, seating is just fine and of course there is the on-board lounge. Food and crew are usually fantastic. Just let us know your eventual choice and a trip report!

DiamondDad68
    Participant

I would choose Qatar business class over BA premium economy

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If you haven’t been through a busy airport during the pandemic, you may be ‘surprised’ by the passenger numbers when you enter the Doha terminal. Once through transit a very nice an enjoyable lounge and restaurant (not that you will need any more food) and you may hope your flight gets delayed to enjoy the experience more… If you need a shower, put your name down early.

I found QATAR very enjoyable & professional, even with the interrupted sleep…

Fair to say, a totally different experience to BA. Remember if Q suites, forward facing not reverse, if possible….

Paul
    Participant

No contest… Qatar all the way over BA.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Qatar. The shuffle in Doha is well worth the hassle of having to change and their Business Class is really amazing.

Flying_Spanner
    Participant

100% Qatar, no comparison.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

Q A T A R! (Nothing more to say.)

SGJNI1961
    Participant

I really have no idea why you are even considering BA. It’s night and day QR every time in business. The seat, service, food and bar on the A380 (if open?) make the decision a total no brainer. If paying for a ticket, there is also the matter of the extra tier points on QR. Doha airport is nothing special but shouldn’t be something to worry about.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls