Austria’s Niki faces bankruptcy

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=843833]Tragic. Now watch Niki descend to the same depths as Vueling, but as long as it makes a profit for WW and IAG’s shareholders (I happen to be one) all will be sweetness and light.
    [/quote]

How can you descend lower than bankruptcy?

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Fond memories of Lauda Air….small but run properly

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=844232]Fond memories of Lauda Air….small but run properly
    [/quote]

Me too, I flew Lauda Air down to Sydney the first time I went to Australia. I remember the flight attendants all wore blue jeans. Well, the female ones certainly did.

Flightlevel
    Participant

[quote quote=844410]Passenger rights group takes legal action that could block Niki sale to IAG
    [/quote]
    A small matter in the scheme of things and why didn’t they appeal the judge’s original decision to hold the proceedings in Germany?
    Looks like hindsight for their pocket money?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=843833] as long as it makes a profit for WW and IAG’s shareholders (I happen to be one) all will be sweetness and light.
    [/quote]

Absolutely, have the shares and spend the gains on other airlines. That’s what I do.

openfly
    Participant

LP….so which airline do you own!! ?

Flightlevel
    Participant

[quote quote=844697]LP….so which airline do you own!! ?
    [/quote]

Any airline you buy your ticket – atleast for the length of the flight!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

… and then in a further twist

IAG loses out in second bid for Niki

transtraxman
    Participant

So this episode illustrates the extent and effectiveness of the neutral European intergrated market. I always thought that this kind of partisanship had been ended but obviously not. How much does it reflect the new Austrian government´s nationalistic leanings? Will we ever get a chance to compare Niki Lauda Group´s terms of takeover compared to IAG´s – I doubt it.
    Did not Austria get enough with Easyjet setting up and basing its European subsidiary in Vienna?

Flightlevel
    Participant

Good Austria-and their government-is nationalistic since they should feel proud of their country and not be defeated by LH or IAG or U2 and if they’re competing against the EU – good for them.
    It remains to be seen if Niki can achieve the success – and employment of their nationals- that IAG can ‘though they deserve the opportunity?

Alex McWhirter
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls