Austrian Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

michelesclocchi
    Participant

I am frequent traveller, I probably take more than 50 flights every year. In the last 14 years of traveling around the globe I never had a bad experience like last week with Austrian Airline.
    I was about to take a business flight from Milan to Vienna. Austrian airline did not offer the online check-in option for that flight, therefore there was a long queue at the check in.
    When they were about to assist me, they told me that the check-in was closed, and they already gave my seat to someone else. 45 minutes before departure.
    I went to the ticket counter, and they told me to change the reservation to another flight I would have spend between 3000-4000 euro more for an economy ticket to Chicago, and No refund!.
    At the end I had to purchase a new ticket from another airline counter.
    I sent a complain to the Austrian Airline customer service, and they reply to me that “Business Class passengers departing from Milano have to be checked in until 30 minutes before the scheduled time of departure”, no excuses for the fact that they assigned my seat to someone else. No refund was even offered.

I would like to share my very disappoint experience with Austrian Airline with all the community,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls