Austrian Airlines denied boarding – Lies

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• cityprofessional
    Participant

OK, so you had a boarding pass and saw the plane… I definitely would have made a run for it, assuming no hold luggage (albeit it’s not nearly so easy with the new Vienna concourse – so much less convenient than the D satellite was)

@Alex, didn’t that transition to Tyrolean happen 2-3 years ago? Anyway, at least one of the 777s is still Austrian-operated so as to maintain the AOC

first_class_please
    Participant

It may well have been the captains decision.

As the BKK flight was due to depart at 23:20, I presume the gate would close 30 minutes prior?

The captain may well have decided to have you offloaded based on the expected arrival time of your flight at 23:05 and his pushback scheduled for 23:20.

The fact that the aircraft to BKK pushed back at 23:39 is not really relevant, as this could be an ATC decision after he had doors shut and ready to leave on time.

It appears from your original post that you left on 28th July and then returned on 10th August, so quite likely you had hold luggage?

The mis-information and service recover are seperate to this.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

cityprofessional:

My mistake. You are correct and well spotted. The transition happened in 2012 and not, as I thought, this year.

Tramor01
    Participant

Hi first_class_please
    I would have accepted Austrian’s decision if it was just one or two of us offloaded (and they had been honest towards us in the first place) as I agree this connection is extremely tight and as such a bit of a lottery, even though it is an advertised sheduled connection.
    BUT to offload 16 people seems to suggest there were other issues at play

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I suspect staff morale at Austrian is not too healthy right now.

A report in Aviation Week today suggests that owner Lufthansa will shut the carrier and replace it with a new airline unless new staff agreements can be reached.

http://aviationweek.com/commercial-aviation/lufthansa-may-launch-plan-abandon-austrian

Tramor01
    Participant

It’s been a month now since I wrote to Austrian and not a dicky-bird of a reply
    I guess the next step is to get in touch with CEO Mr Albrecht to see if that results in a response…. somehow doubt it though given what’s been written in aviation week

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Would be a shame to see Austrian go but I can understand LH does not have to keep funding a loss making business. It’s also hard for the staff, after all no one wants a pay cut. Still, I guess a lesser paid job is better than no job at all.

LadyLlondon
    Participant

I suggest you put in an EU261 claim together with all expenses for hotel, food, phone calls and transport meanwhile. They are obliged to respond to that within a time limit.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls