AUH Cocoon Sleep Pods

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

BigDog.
    Participant

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Superb, all it needs is a table to have various meals served and thats me done for the day, I wouldnt move.

I would like to order units for my office and more importantly, mancave:

BTW – do they have a call button for domestic services….??

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Can you fit two people in them? For the cost saving of course, nothing else 😉

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Looks pretty horrible and at £8 per hour, expensive.

I’m a regular user of the Yotel at T4 and at £38 for 5 hours, including a shower/wc room, I find it really good value for managing long connections, such as the 8 hours I will have in June, between arriving from Beirut and departing for Lyon.

Edski777
    Participant

I’m more impressed by the Yotel model of 10 sqm rooms with a decent bed and shower/bathroom.
    At least that room is properly cleaned after each user. And at a comparable price.

These pods look like a funny gadget that won’t last very long.

HarryMonk
    Participant

Those shown in the Daily Mail are a variant on a theme that has been around for a while, another iteration, possibly better in my opinion is here

http://www.sleepbox.co.uk/default.aspx

I can’t see these Pods working in a UK airport unless they were in a segregated area, there are just too many idiots and poorly behaved children who would be banging on them, climbing on them and shouting within the vicinity to get any rest..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

All provide great ideas for the man cave I am desiging at home to replace my outdated office.

Love the concepts…… just need to modify the design to suit my space..

canucklad
    Participant

Notice the telly/////are you able to lock the little uns’ inside for an hour without danger of them escaping?

Or indeed, the CC totting missusl

Henryp1
    Participant

Doesn’t look very comfortable or spacious.

Terminal 4 at Heathrow is connected to the Hilton only minutes by a covered bridge and they do day rates which is very useful.

Papillion53
    Participant

Don’t they look a bit like Virgin Upper Class? I agree with ….. wait for it …..with …… FDoS 😉 🙂 – they do look pretty horrible. I think, well I know I would feel very claustrophobic in there.

MS – morning, I think you need one of these http://www.channel4.com/programmes/kevin-mcclouds-man-made-home

Canucklad – if you are meaning credit card totting as opposed to cabin crew totting – quite what that would be, goodness knows! 😉 – what else is a girl supposed to carry around an airport, especially with all those lovely shops? 😉 :-))). But they would be great for shutting some of those horrible, run-around, annoying kids in! (That’s children VK)

canucklad
    Participant

morning Papillion…definately Credit Card totting !1

Although ….. : ))

Papillion53
    Participant

Canucklad – naughty boy! 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls