August Industrial Action at British Airways?

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Just thought i’d give a little update on the current state of play at BA regarding industrial relations.

This year the unions that represent the various areas within the airlines (pilots, cabin crew, ground staff) decided their best approach in getting a good deal was to join together in solidarity.

They were successful to a degree with a three year pay deal (that was greatly improved on the initial offer) being put to all staff eligible.

Unions representing legacy fleet cabin crews, ground staff, engineers and call centres are recommending the deal.

The union which represents Mixed Fleet cabin crews have rejected it (without a ballot of members). Mixed Fleet CSM’s are not happy as they do not form part of the pay deal.

The pilots union BALPA have also rejected it and have balloted members on Industrial Action. This moved a step closer yesterday when it was announced that talks between BA and BALPA hosted by ACAS in an attempt to reach a compromise failed. The strike ballot closes 22JUL and will almost certain be in favour of I.A. I believe two weeks notice must then be given before commencement of any industrial action.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls