Auction where is it?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

• Anonymous

DavidLF
    Participant

Auction was due to finish on 28th Feb. Thats today. On website yesterday at 6pm KL time it said there was 1 day and 12 hours to run.

But page is blank. Has it finished? Somewhat misleading, if it finishes on 28th Feb that is midnight 28th Feb to my understanding?

What is going on??

space.cadet
    Participant

Sabotage !!! The auction site has gone down 1 day early………

ChrisYeo
    Participant

The auction site has been closed 1 day earlier before 28 Feb 2009 at 2359hrs GMT.

Panacea Publishing – you should explain the breach in auction rules.

I will be lodging a compaint against you to your charities and the relevant authorities.

Rgds.

Travelator
    Participant

I have been trying and hey bingo it’s been removed….

A similar stunt was done with the U.K. auction in December….

I hope they realise but it’s the weekend now……..

Jeremypopo
    Participant

Anxious to know if the auction is still open.

Travelhound
    Participant

Agree with all the comments, what’s going on? I was looking forward to some good final bidding today only to find the auction has disappeared. Did we all misread the end time, seems strange…if technical problems suggest that the end date gets extended a week to next Saturday and the new end time is properly shown on the site so bidders and recipient charities can all benefit and BT can avoid the negatives this is generating as there must surely be legal issues as well.

jeff777
    Participant

It is not right that the auction should be closed prematurely without any explanantion. Considering it is for charity, this is hardly the spirit !!

wisi1965
    Participant

Thank you Business Traveller for this intransparent auction!

chienyeeloo
    Participant

how do I know if I got the bid? I placed a bid 24 hrs ago, at that moment I am the highest bidder, I am not quite sure am I still the highest bidder cos cant see anything now… Can anyone advise? thanks

DavidLF
    Participant

Oh so I was not going crazy, of course it has gone down 24 hours early. I called HK office but closed.
    Yesterday it clearly said 1 day and 12 hours left and that was at 6pm KL time. Which was strange as I have no idea what time zone these people are on?
    So much for the last minute fun!

msddlim
    Participant

Where is credibility to Business Traveller if auction is closed a day before officially announced date?
    At the very least please advise reason for doing so.M

ThomasK
    Participant

I am very disappointed something is wrong with the auction website today, the last day of bidding. I received a mail saying that someone had entered a higher bit then me for a Hotel in Thailand. When I wanted to enter a higher bit myself I am unable to do so. I tried different browsers and computers at different times, but no success. I think this is not ought to be like that.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

APOLOGIES – THE AUCTION IS NOW BACK UP AND WILL BE UNTIL 2359GMT TONIGHT

GuyBetsy
    Participant

Oh good. I am glad that its not just me that was having problems accessing the site. I called Panacea which was of course useless. I even emailed the UK office branch. I thought it was my internet access or something else.

Anyway am glad its up… on another note… are anyone happy with this years auction in the way the bids are auctioned?

Last year, you didn’t know how much people before you bid except that you had to keep entering a bid till it was accepted. But this year, it was on for all to see and well, some figures seem a little ridiculous.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls