If you are travelling to / from Budapest

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• s3anmonaghan
    Participant

I lost my phone at Budapest Airport a couple of weeks ago.

Fortunately, the staff found it however it requires to be picked up.

No courier service will do it as it is not packaged.

CAN SOMEONE TRAVELLING TO UK PLEASE PICK IT UP AND I WILL MEET YOU AT WHATEVER UK DESTINATION YOU FLY TO

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Similiar situation in Munich. A friend left his i-Pad at security. They will not forward it. Colldction only!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Don’t you have a local friend or business partner who could collect and send it by courier?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If my phone / tablet / laptop was sitting in lost property somewhere, I wouldn’t hesitate to jump on a loco (or use avios) to go and collect.

The one time I did ask for help on the Forum, was when I met K1ngston. K1ngston was posting about my favourite hotel in BKK the day after I had arrived home. I had left a SIM card in my room and asked whether it could be bought back to London. K1ngston agreed (we had never met / spoken at that stage), we met close to where I live in London and there started a wonderful friendship, which centers on being led astray to various watering establishments when our schedules match in Asia. The strangest part of this random connection, was our kids were facebook friends. How random was that…

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=923509]If my phone / tablet / laptop was sitting in lost property somewhere, I wouldn’t hesitate to jump on a loco (or use avios) to go and collect. [/quote]

Me too. I like to collect stuff myself.

People are unsurprisingly wary to carry ANYTHING across borders for someone else. A guy we didn’t know (acquaintance of a friend) asked my wife and I to deliver a huge heavy suitcase for him to South Korea on our trip there. My wife refused to search it…. I searched it myself before going. That was a thorough search as you might imagine…..

K1ngston
    Participant

It was indeed a pleasure to help you Martyn and indeed I value our friendship to this day! I have been absent from the forum recently due to pressure of work but following your suggestion to look at this post I am back and hopefully will find time to contribute.

Icarus22
    Participant

I am facing a similar problem re a jacket sitting the Lost and Found at Milan Linate.

If I can get someone to box it up, then a normal courier will fetch it, but the staff there will only put it in a plastic bag and I have not yet found a courier who will take it unboxed. One has a special service option which costs roughly the same as a London-Milan return (which would also eat up most of day)

I’ll let you know if I find a solution; please let me know if you find one.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Seems like taking Low Cost carrier to return and collect it if it is so valuable.

Do you have a phone or Home or Travel Insurer, who you can ask for assistance?
    Sure they could arrange something, rather than replace a lost valuable item
    They would have managed these situations before.
    Or could the Airline you flew on assist you flying it over?
    Though i doubt a LCC would bother…

Hotels are certainly more helpful, as i have had items posted out, though it is not very cheap with Registered International Mail systems, but they did reach me.
    This clearly is a situation they face on a daily basis, there should be a sensible policy for each Airport, or an Airline.

wishbone
    Participant

I am flying out of BUD to LHR next Friday 29 March
    Willing to pick up your phone if needed

goalie11
    Participant

I had a similar problem recently where I left a newish IPad Pro in the seat pocket in front of me on a flight to Verona. I posted the forum and got some good advice and a result.

In the end, after some hassle, the IPad had been left by BA cabin staff at Verona airport’s lost/found section and I made arrangements with them to parcel it up and I would get a courier to uplift from them.

Sounds easy but did require some patience, however, bottom line was that for the princely sum of £27, fully insured, I got the IPad delivered home.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls