Atlantic airways for BA CPH – LCY

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Caerdydd
    Participant

Wondered what people thought of the Atlantic Airways flights on the CPH-LCY route.

Interesting that BA do not state that the flight is operated by Atlantic airways – it’s a bit of a shock when you arrive at the plane and realise it isn’t BA at all and it’s not BA service. The planes look like the old AVRO’s that BA got rid of from LCY some time ago…perhaps that’s the link.

Why does BA not advertise that the route is run by Atlantic Airways?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

You did not say when you flew CPH-LCY ….

It could be that BA had to charter a plane at short notice from another carrier (with a suitable plane type for LCY) owing to an Embraer being out of service.

Caerdydd
    Participant

It was this week. The crew said that they have been doing this route on behalf of BA for many months.

ReturnOfTheSaint
    Participant

It is a “short term” wet lease with Atlantic until such time as CityFlyer receive further deliveries of the E190s. This has been necessary as a result of adding increased capacity on their EDI and GLA routes.

I will post back when I get confirmation as to when this arrangement should be ending.

ReturnOfTheSaint
    Participant

Caerdydd – it seems you were just very unlucky. The wet lease arrangement has now finished, but CityFlyer had an aircraft out for an annual maintenance check, so had to sub in again from Atlantic.

Caerdydd
    Participant

thank you for the info.

eybusiness
    Participant

I work for BA CityFlyer and it is true one of our aircrafts was out of service so we had to wet lease in to Atlantic Airways.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls