Athens Hotel

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• George
    Participant

We are on a cruise in May and looking for hotel suggestions in Athens. It is for a two night stay and we would prefer some place that is in the centre of the city and not particularly corporate. A good breakfast is essential! Many thanks

BPP
    Participant

Try the Excelsior. Good location – walkable to the Plaka. Small roof top pool. Breakfast anywhere in Athens is quite light.
    BPP

bluemooner
    Participant

Stayed at the Electra Palace Hotel in November for 3 nights. In the Plaka area and a short walk to all the main sights. Fabulous views from the rooftop restaurant and pool area.

Hktbound
    Participant

We booked the Gran Bretange via the cruise company which offered us a discounted rate although it still wasn’t cheap but we had a nice upgrade and a good stay

dutchyankee
    Participant

We go to Athens every year, and always stay at the Hilton. Yes, it’s a large corporate/meeting hotel, but it really feels like an oasis in the city. Great location, super rooms, largest pool in the city, fantastic roof top bar and restaurant ‘Galaxy’ with superb views, excellent food at the pool, all round a brilliant place to stay and a great start or end to a cruise. The before mentioned GB is also lovely, but the location while right in front of Syntagma Square also is problematic when any protest arise. The GB has a small roof top pool, and is elegant, but I much prefer the modern Hilton.

BPP
    Participant

Re the Electra Palace – highly recommended!!
    BPP

SenatorGold
    Participant

Ah the Galaxy Bar at the Hilton Athens! You have to try the French 75 there! One of the best!

Tramor01
    Participant

I’d second dutchyankee’s comments regarding the Hilton and the GB. I’ve used both, but my preference is the Hilton because of location, plus I’m a diamond member.
    Another hotel worth considering which I’ve stayed at is the Intercontinental.

SenatorGold
    Participant

The Intercontinental is indeed well worth considering. I’ve stayed there several times. The Club lounge is very good. The fine dining restaurant is excellent especially if dining al fresco and there’s a fabulous view of the Acropolis.

fatbear
    Participant

Another vote for the Athens Hilton – I’m staying there at the moment !

George
    Participant

Many thanks for all your recommendations. It seems that the Hilton will get our booking.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I live across the road from the Hilton in Athens. It’s a large property with an expansive lobby, a lovely pool and some decent F&B options including Galaxy and Milos. The Byzantine does a huge buffet breakfast which won’t disappoint.

It’s located about 15 mins walk from Syntagma Sq near Evangelismos metro in a safe neighourhood filled with Embassies and some decent restaurants. I recommend Agora Select and Koukovagia just behind the hotel. The upmarket Kolonaki area is 10-15 mins walk and filled with Bars and Restaurants.

Enjoy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls