Aspire Lounge Manchester T2 no longer accepting Priority Pass

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

At Manchester Airport this morning – Terminal 2

Tried to use Priority Pass card to gain access to the Aspire Lounge here.

The sign says it does satisfy the entrance requirements, but it does not.

I asked if this was because the lounge was busy.

The lady said she didn’t know, she just knew they weren’t taking Priority Pass anymore.

No priority for Priority Pass holders

Luckily just round the corner is the Escape Lounge (T2) which does take Priority Pass.

Once there I had an excellent breakfast, with the election including a big bowl of berries on the counter and another of Greek yoghurt, as well as cereal selection and full English cooked breakfast buffet.

Not crowded at all.

(the following photos are ones I grabbed from the website – I’ve taken some of my own for a review I will post)

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/escape-lounges/

5.MAN-Escape-1280

3.MAN-Escape-1280

4.MAN-Escape-1280

2.MAN-Escape-1280

bluemooner
    Participant

Tom, It would be nice to know from Priority Pass if this affects both Aspire lounges at Manchester and if this is a permanent change. Their website lists both Aspire lounges for admission as of this evening.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay.

I have asked Aspire Lounge (swissport) and they say it is not the case. So now I have asked why I was denied entry. I will report back.

Meanwhile, here is the review of the neighbouring lounge (the one I could get into)

Lounge review: Escape Lounge, Terminal 2, Manchester Airport

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Here’s the specific answer

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have checked our in lounge systems and can see that the lounge was extremely busy on the morning in question with pre bookings and passengers of airlines we are contracted to reserve access for. This meant we were unable to accept any card holders whilst the lounge was full due to availability and capacity issues. We do accept priority pass at the lounge but as per the terms and conditions of the card it is subject to availability on a walk up basis on the day of travel.

I can see once there was some availability in the lounge holders of lounge access cards such as priority pass in the afternoon did begin to enter around 12:27. I do apologise that you were unable to gain access on this occasion and I will forward your comments over to the lounge manager to reiterate the terms to all staff members that we accept priority pass at the lounge but card holders may not gain access if the lounge is full at the time of arrival.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact us and I do hope to see you in one of our lounges again soon.

Kind Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls