Aspire Lounge at LHR T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• ASK1945
    Participant

I know that this lounge has been mentioned many times in other threads, but I can’t find a dedicated thread about it. Apologies, therefore, if I am just repeating what others may have written, buried inside the text of these other threads.

I don’t travel Business Class for short European flights, so have to use my Priority Pass for lounge access at times. I used the Aspire Lounge at T5 for the first time last week.

What a fiasco. I was told there would be a 20 mins wait, because it was full, so I waited (I was 2 hours before my flight). Notwithstanding that it was full, they were still offering non-members (of the differing schemes) access for a price, albeit with the wait. It reflects on their priorities that they would do this.

The wait was actually 40 minutes (on my way out they were still quoting 20 mins to those trying to enter). One of the receptionists admitted to me privately that for months now, there is a wait of at least 20 mins to get in most of the time and often it can be longer than an hour.

Inside was terrible. Dirty tables and floors, and inadequate food availability. There were too few staff to cope with the enormous numbers present.

It is very poor value.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Use it often for short hauls to europe if I’ve not been forced to fly business (then its the BA lounge). It isn’t that wonderful but it is not that bad….for me the main negative is the poor availability of magazines/newspapers. There is usually a short queue to get in but then it is acceptable…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls