Asparagus On A Plane

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

..is just wrong.

Thank heavens the season will soon be over.

I have suffered the after effects of this tasty but ultimately offensive vegetable numerous times in the smallest room of longhaul aircraft, and it isn’t pleasant.

NTarrant
    Participant

Are you sure that it was asparagus?

Tim2soza
    Participant

Does any airline serve baked beans?

PaulJennings
    Participant

Very funny. Feed them asparagus (and maybe some baked beans, and maybe some cabbage and brussels sprouts as well.) Then stick the seat belt sign on for the next seven hours.

Tim2soza
    Participant

Seat belts on because of unexpected turbulence! (Sorry)

Charles-P
    Participant

The old adage,

“A gentleman is a man who knows how to eat asparagus but doesn’t”

NTarrant
    Participant

I understand that airline seats have some thing in them that if one has the likes of baked beans or asparagus or sprouts, other passengers don’t get to know!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Like some sort of carbon matting?

Not sure that does much good, judging by some recent experiences; horrific stench coming from the row in front aboard Qantas in F – smelled like something had died.

Binman62
    Participant

VK…………. had QF just served the Rockpool Lentil based starter. It was delicious but I swear if it could have been harnessed I would have reduced flying time to SIN by an hour!!!

You have to wonder who creates these menus and do they take accoubt of confined spaces for many hours after they have been consumed?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Vile asparagus again this week; thankfully, it’s the arse-end of the season.

Let’s hope Heston doesn’t stoop to this:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/869593-powdered-asparagus-invented-by-chefs-accused-of-glamorising-drugs

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Flew Swiss to LCY last week, and was subjected to the most awful “pong” for most of the journey. Kids swore it was not them so had to be the passenger in front.

Until we were in the rented car going through the Blackwall Tunnel on our way to Kent and it hit again. The 8 year old could no longer keep a straight face and he finally fessed up!

I think I’m now in favour of banning all kid from planes – even my own!!!

Communipaw
    Participant

Try some kimchi on a Korean Air flight, and then come back and talk to me… 😉

Hippocampus
    Participant

“Asparagus? My pi55 is going to stink!” said the Hollyoaks actress at the dinner table.

Binman62
    Participant

Communipaw…….oh how true, been a while but I recall it lasts for days and days.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls