Asiana Airlines B777-200ER Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Stephen787
    Participant

My flight was a 3 hour morning flight from Incheon to Hong Kong due to leave at 9:20am but when I arrived at the airport I found it had been moved forward 20 mins to 9am which wasn’t a problem.

As Incheon is Asiana’s home turf they have a large dedicated section for check-in’s and this was a breeze. I walked straight up to one of the several Business Class desks and was checked in within about 60 seconds. The boarding pass has a lounge invitation printed on it, so far so good.

Given the ease when arriving at Incheon a few days earlier I was surprised by the small entrance to security which meant that there was a large queue to get to the 4 operating x-ray machines. But once through there the immigration queue was very fast and I was out and headed for the Asiana Business lounge.

This was a big disappointment as it was crowded with little spare seating, little food or drinks available for the morning crowd. So I gave up and went out into the cavernous public area which is well designed and much more pleasant than the lounge.

Once the flight was called I boarded through the separate gangway for first/business class onto a 777-200 which was an upgrade from the scheduled A330 on this route.

The 777 had the new Quadrant Smartium seating which is similar to that found on the Emirates A380. Despite being the new seating it seemed a little soiled and had lost the ‘new’ look and feel but the seats were still pleasant and fully flat.

Champagne, juice and water were offered to the dozen Business passengers on this flight, leaving most of the cabin empty. The cabin crew were very friendly and obliging to ensure you were well looked after.

We pulled back from the gate a few minutes early and were soon on our way heading south along the western coast of Korea. Menus were handed out as soon as the seat belt sign was off and a 4 course Western or Korean brunch service was offered.

The food and wine service is where Asiana really shine. I had previously read about the quality of the food and I was not disappointed. Each course was served separately on elegant Rosenthal china along with quality glassware. The wine list was well chosen and even included an Ice Wine to accompany the dessert.

The only things to let Asiana down were the poor video content and the fact that the seating, although lie-flat, was hard to make comfortable in the ‘relax’ position. Maybe it was just me but I’m sure other people may find the seating fine.

Overall it was a quality product with excellent staff serving delicious food and I would travel with them again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls