Asia travel advice?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• PeterCoultas
    Participant

AOTG: No real reason for avoiding HCM city but although its vibes are different from Hanoi it is as you say, another big city. Just thought the mix of HoiAn/Hue would more relaxing & interesting for a few days stay.

Given your reaction to HalongBay & your tight timing I’d say go with that, plus your Ankor visit this time round

DavidGrodentz
    Participant

AOTG. Angkor Wat is definitely worth a visit, there are also lots of other temples in the area, can easily take up a leisurely 2 days to view the important ones

Also, a great tip from the knowledgable guide that took us round. Plan to visit Angkor Wat around noon. You will be met with a flood of people leaving the complex and heading to lunch in their tour groups. You will have the main complex (almost) to yourself

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

DavidGrodentz – 07/04/2016 12:48 BST
    Also, a great tip from the knowledgable guide that took us round. Plan to visit Angkor Wat around noon.

Thanks for that David – would you happen to have the contact details for the guide? I can be reached on Monaco7 at bt openworld dot com.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

DavidGrodentz
    Participant

Hi AOTG. We first did Angkor Wat about 6 years ago and found the guide through Tripadvisor advice. Sorry, don’t have the details anymore

We did go back 3 years ago, this time we advised the driver (no guide this time) to take us there at noon and we had the same experience

Schaible
    Participant

I would not travel to Myanmar or Southern Thailand in September. It is still the monsoon season. Until end of September you can count with a wet load from the sky any moment. Regards from RGN

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls