Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

whats the word on the wires about the latest eruption in Iceland? I am returning to LHR from CAN on friday, so far it dosnt seem to be a problem but maybe soemone has a more inside track so I can make decision if to plan a contingancy into EU now

Kaicat75
    Participant

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ash-cloud-to-reach-uk-on-tuesday

I am meant to be flying LCY – FRA tomorrow to keeping en eye as well.

stevescoots
    Participant

whilst the first one I benifitted from, was bumped to first to allow stranded people home, this one will be a pain as i need to get back. Mrs stevescoots will not be a happy bunny!!

magnus77
    Participant

stevescoots,read ba source G-CIVJ operating BA87 yesterday was involved in an incident over Iceland due to volcano and returning service was cancelled is due into Heathrow tommorrow, was lucky returned from Vancouver Last Monday had a fantastic crew in First couldnt fault them so a lucky escape for me it seems,hopefully you will have no problems from our volcanic friend!!

Binman62
    Participant

From BA.com…….BA cancel all services to/from Scotland until at least 2pm on Tuesday 24th May………….

stevescoots
    Participant

Thanks VK

not looking so good

Binman62
    Participant

Not a fan MOL at Ryan air but having just watched him on TV and must say he makes a compelling argument. Surely the CAA and others really need to make some sort of statement and justify why they have closed airspace. I am due to go North this weekend and whilst there are alternatives to flying within the UK, it does look like another significant insurance claim if my flight is cancelled.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

And now the focus shifts to South America. Buenos Aires is still closed – well, Ezeiza is and I assume Pistarini as well. Guess who’s supposed to be going to Santiago via EZE on 1 July? Hell’s bloodiest bells.

JordanD
    Participant

Well South America is also affecting NZ & Oz, with Melbourne Airport shut for a number of hours earlier this week.

And to through one final spanner in the mix, a volcano in northern Africa is also now erupting, with ash over Eritrea disrupting routes down the east African coast from the Middle East (affecting BMI amongst others).

Potakas
    Participant

Jordan,

Don’t even say that about the African volcano, I’ll have my first First to DXB in 10 days….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls