Arrogant Cunard…again!

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

I went to book a short cruise next Jan…..Southampton to Hamburg and fly back. On the Cunard website the fares matrix shows prices for cruise and flight. I tried to book this with Cunard and was told that, for ex-uk pax the cruise/fly fare cannot be offered! This fare is only for pax from Hamburg, who get their flight from Hamburg included to join the ship. The UK fare quite clearly states flight included, is priced in pounds and is ex-Southampton. I remonstrated that this was very unfair. All they could sell me was the same cruise at a higher price than the Germans and pay for my own flight back .

Stuff Cunard, if that is the way they arrogantly treat their main market. Plenty of other cruising companies out there.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Sounds like a call to Trading Standards might be in order.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sounds like you need a German address.

Out of interest what is the price difference?

openfly
    Participant

@Disgusted I have spoken to Consumer Direct who have taken up the case and sent the details to Trading Standards in Southampton. Sounds good…lets hope they take some action. Cunard needs to be taken down a peg or two.

@MartynSinclair Exactly! The price difference over all cabins is that the fly/cruise from Hamburg to Hamburg is £30 cheaper than the Southampton cruise only to Hamburg. Not a lot, but it is the spirit of the deal that annoys me.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

oh!

EmsOnMission
    Participant

That’s not good client keeping work! Makes you wonder about their customers, if they find it unfair. These marketing strategies can very sly and misleading sometimes cant they.
    My adbice is go through the t’s n c’s with a fine tooth comb before you book anywhere. I have booked through http://www.ferrysavers.co.uk last couple of times and they have been fine, whatever is advised has been provided.
    Generally, best to double check all the terms tho!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls