Are lounges worth it?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

Question for Martyn, do Private Jet clientel require lounges?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

In the main they don’t require airport terminals, so forget the lounges, although most FBO’s will have a lounge!

Pilots are given 5 – 10 minutes warning and will be ready to go as soon as passengers arrive.

RichHI1
    Participant

As I thought, thank you.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Nigel, I would look at an Amex plat card £300.00 pa

Great value:

Priority Pass
    Travel insurance for family (newly amended) – but still one of the best on the market on the basis that nobody on this forum has managed to show anything better.

just 2 of the benefits.

RichardB
    Participant

I am doing mostly flights in economy (company policy) and almost always a connection (I am based in Finland and there are not many direct long hauls from Helsinki).
    The lounges are great for meals, especially the BA ones. With short haul in europe offering only a sandwich then I can have a proper meal in the lounge at Heathrow and skip any “food” offered on the plane.
    And Heathrow in particular is bad for peaceful places to sit and wait. Frankfurt and Schipol are better in that respect. More thought spent on places for passengers to wait rather than getting them into shops.

Lounges seem an ideal way for airlines to cut costs: Offer almost no food on the plane. Those with gold and silver cards can eat in the lounge. Your frequent customers are treated well, costs are saved catering for other passengers.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

RichardB how do you get into a lounge if you fly economy they are only for First or business class pax only and rent cant be cheap either? x

RichHI1
    Participant

Becky, you know that elites get lounge access, that is the whole issue. I for one would make lounge access on ly for premium cabins.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

elites? xx

RichHI1
    Participant

Precious metals, Silver, Gold, Platinum. Exectuive Platinum, Titanium, Polonium (Russia only ) etc

BeckyBoop
    Participant

you mean credit card holders? x

RichHI1
    Participant

No Frequent flyers

BeckyBoop
    Participant

sorry hun i dont understand? xx

RichHI1
    Participant

If you belong ot say BA execuitve Club and you fly x flgihts or x thousand mile then you qualify to be Gold. That gives you access to a lounge even if you fly coach.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

ok thx xx

tomm007
    Participant

definitely worth it, spending every week at least twice on an airport,
    breakfast, dinner snacks, a glass of wine or liquor, at airport prices
    would cost me arround 50 Euro a week = approx. 2000 Euro/year!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls