Are Holiday Extras a waste of time for business travellers?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

NTarrant
    Participant

I don’t normally drive to LGW being able to take the train, however a recent journey required me to drive and park in the long stay car park. When LGW was BAA, I would go to the BAA website and book car parking and get World Points. Now that is not available, having booked by BA flight I though I would see what deals BA does.

The link takes you to Holiday Extras and for my parking stay I can earn 280 BA miles. The cost is £28.00 but if you cancel you don’t get a refund, unless you pay an additional 99p to “protect” my £28.00. I decided to book via LGW website which is through BAA Advance anyway.

So was I hasty? Should I have effectively “protected” my £28.00 on the basis that its 280 BA miles for 99p?

continentalclub
    Participant

It’s unlikely that you’ve been too hasty.

Owing to changes in UK VAT rules which came into effect at the beginning of the year, it is no longer possible for suitably-registered businesses to recover VAT from Holiday Extras.

This situation applies to a number of other intermediaries and resellers and, therefore, VAT-registered customers should always check to ensure that their supplier can issue a VAT receipt/invoice for recovery purposes.

As far as I’m aware, BAA Advance will still issue a VAT receipt, so unless the Holiday Extras rate was more than 15% cheaper, the BAA rate will likely work out cheaper for business users.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls